+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information on In-Canada Paper based TRP application

Kip4987

Nov 14, 2020
Sept 2020 after 24 months I received a refusal and departure order I applied for humanitarian and compassionate today online. I know it would take months to get AOR but they told me to wait until been called by cbsa for interviews before doing any appeal.
Would it be possible to provide the details of your lawyer, I finally got refusal for TRP today and now I need to apply for h&c, just don’t know any good lawyers, can you pls provide his name and address so I can contact him

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Would it be possible to provide the details of your lawyer, I finally got refusal for TRP today and now I need to apply for h&c, just don’t know any good lawyers, can you pls provide his name and address so I can contact him
Hey there, I am so sorry to hear about your refusal. Do you still need this info?
P.S. my apologies for the delayed response, I am not very active here

Feb 24, 2022
It'e been two years since TRP was applied. I had applied for spousal sponsorship early this year which came in last week. So my TRP application is going to be withdrawn. Good luck everyone. If you guys have any questions i would be happy to answer.
2 Yeaaaaaars??? Wow

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
2 Yeaaaaaars??? Wow
It's generally been taking at least 1.5 years for TRP application to be processed since COVID. Maybe things are starting to speed up now and some are being processed faster. If you've submitted one, just be prepared that it may be a bit of a wait. Good luck!

Reactions: Winnipeg-applicant

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Coming up on 1 year and 2 weeks since reception to the CPC edmonton
Ah - so I guess it really hasn't sped up at all yet. Good luck and hopefully you'll hear back in less than 18 months.

Reactions: Winnipeg-applicant

Q1303

Mar 9, 2020
Hi all, I am sad to share that my TRP got refused.
My timeline was as follows:
- AoR February 22nd, 2021
- Letter of attendance requested October 2021
- Application transferred to local office December 2021
- Decision, letter dated April 26th, 2023 but received May 1st 2023 (probably due to the strike)

Total of 26 months of waiting. I hope this information is helpful.

I have a second application (common law sponsorship) submitted while in maintained status before receiving the decision, am I still required to leave?
if not and for whatever reason my application was returned because it’s not complete (happened before) do I have to leave then?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all, I am sad to share that my TRP got refused.
My timeline was as follows:
- AoR February 22nd, 2021
- Letter of attendance requested October 2021
- Application transferred to local office December 2021
- Decision, letter dated April 26th, 2023 but received May 1st 2023 (probably due to the strike)

Total of 26 months of waiting. I hope this information is helpful.

I have a second application (common law sponsorship) submitted while in maintained status before receiving the decision, am I still required to leave?
if not and for whatever reason my application was returned because it’s not complete (happened before) do I have to leave then?
When was the common law sponsorship application submitted? I assume you applied inland? Have you received AOR and submitted the Open Work Permit yet?

Regardless of the above answer, you are now in Canada without status. You can certainly try to remain and wait out the processing of your common law application. There is some chance you may be forced to leave since you are without status and the TRP application has been rejected.

Q1303

Mar 9, 2020
When was the common law sponsorship application submitted? I assume you applied inland? Have you received AOR and submitted the Open Work Permit yet?

Regardless of the above answer, you are now in Canada without status. You can certainly try to remain and wait out the processing of your common law application. There is some chance you may be forced to leave since you are without status and the TRP application has been rejected.
Initially submitted in mid-March but returned as incomplete resubmitted in April 12th. And yes your assumption is correct it was submitted inland. No, I haven't received my AOR yet and the OWP can be submitted only if the AOR was received.

found this on the government website.
  • If the first application is refused, and the original permit was expired when the second application was received, then the period of authorized stay is extended but there is no continued authority to study or work.
link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html#sec4

Does this apply to me? And if my application we returned again due to incompletion will I be then in a position where I have to leave?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Initially submitted in mid-March but returned as incomplete resubmitted in April 12th. And yes your assumption is correct it was submitted inland. No, I haven't received my AOR yet and the OWP can be submitted only if the AOR was received.

found this on the government website.
  • If the first application is refused, and the original permit was expired when the second application was received, then the period of authorized stay is extended but there is no continued authority to study or work.
link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html#sec4

Does this apply to me? And if my application we returned again due to incompletion will I be then in a position where I have to leave?
You no longer have implied / maintained status. You are definitely out of status. Submitting an inland sponsorship application does not grant maintained / implied status. That only happens once the OWP application is submitted post AOR.

The rule you have quoted MIGHT have applied to you IF you had received AOR for the common law spousal sponsorship application AND submitted the OWP application BEFORE the TRP was refused and you lost maintained status. Since that didn't happen, you are definitely out of status now. Again, this doesn't mean you have to leave. You can try to stay and wait out the processing of the sponsorship application. However you'll be doing that with no status in Canada.

Q1303

Mar 9, 2020
You no longer have implied / maintained status. You are definitely out of status. Submitting an inland sponsorship application does not grant maintained / implied status. That only happens once the OWP application is submitted post AOR.

The rule you have quoted MIGHT have applied to you IF you had received AOR for the common law spousal sponsorship application AND submitted the OWP application BEFORE the TRP was refused and you lost maintained status. Since that didn't happen, you are definitely out of status now. Again, this doesn't mean you have to leave. You can try to stay and wait out the processing of the sponsorship application. However you'll be doing that with no status in Canada.
Yes, that makes sense. Thank you for your reply

Q1303

Mar 9, 2020

Do you know how long am I allowed to stay without status? I saw 30 days or 90 days and I am not sure which is right.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you know how long am I allowed to stay without status? I saw 30 days or 90 days and I am not sure which is right.
You are supposed to leave within 30 days. The 90 days is the period of time a person has to apply for restoration.

Reactions: Q1303