+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information in the airport about situation of workers

Pipa2002

Sep 27, 2013
Hello guys....does any one knows if the immigration officers have in their computer sistems the information about your status in canada? For example my case if my work contract is cancelled by the employer but i still have an valid work permit.... i can go out of cuntry but when i come back is it going to be there right away when they check our work permit numbers? Sorry if it is a stupid question but if anny one knows the answer please reply.

thank you very much

Pullox

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
They don't know if the contract was cancelled unless your former employer calls immigration and lets them know. Now, depending on the type of work permit you have you might need to find a new employer and apply for a new work permit within Canada. Unless of course you have a post graduation work permit, that would allow you to find a new employer without having to apply for a new work permit. And of course if you leave the country and then come back they will wander why you left when you were supposed to be working. The permit should note if it allows you multiple entries or just one. Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp. Most don't allow you to go out of the country and then come back. Good luck and get well informed.