+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INFO SHARING EXPLAINED

Nodi

Jul 3, 2018
Then why people keep telling each other that que UK Newzealnd share data with Canada. As far as I know us and canada share data

Outworld

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Do Canada shares foreign citizens data with Us if foreign citizen is granted COPR and immigrant visa?

josefeb33

Dec 4, 2018
hi
i have been in USA as illegal for 8 yers and now my finance applying PR for me so data sharing can affect my visa for CANADA ????
thank you

Reactions: Mpmp

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
hi
i have been in USA as illegal for 8 yers and now my finance applying PR for me so data sharing can affect my visa for CANADA ????
thank you
As far as I am concerned it won't affect your application as long as you have no CC or any other problem and If you were truthful on your application.

georgianewbie

Mar 21, 2019
Hi everyone, I was wondering about how much immigration info is actually shared between countries. Will the USA have access to your Canadian citizenship application? Like can they see the whole application or just biometric info?

Chuks18

Nov 19, 2018
info that are shared in info sharing between US and canada

Appendix B Information that may be shared [Article 5 of the SMU]

1. Name 2. Alias(es) 3. Gender 4. Physical description 5. Date of birth 6. Country of birth 7. Country of last permanent residence 8. Nationality or nationalities 9. Biometrics including photographs and fingerprints 10. Work history 11. Military service 12. Links with terrorist and/or organized crime groups 13. Citizenship or immigration enforcement status and history 14. Travel carrier information 15. Passport and travel document information 16. Personal identification numbers 17. Travel routing, itinerary and history 18. Telephone numbers 19. Addresses 20. Marital status and family composition 21. Immigration status 22. Previous immigration violations 23. Outstanding immigration and criminal warrants for arrest 24. Criminal history and convictions for which no pardon has been granted in Canada or the United States 25. Occupational information 26. Education 27. Grounds of inadmissibility 28. Grounds of removal 29. Documents submitted in support of an application to CIC, INS or DOS or to their successors 30. Other criminal and security intelligence relevant to the purposes set out in 5.1. [Article 2 of the SMU] 31. Other information not listed above, provided it is relevant to the request and consistent with the purposes set ou

see this too
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in02-eng.pdf
Great post. So is it the addresses in the US that are shared or your total address history including the addresses before the person came to the USA?

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
Yes i have applied. I'm still waiting for a decision on my application. Being illegal will not affect your application based on what I have heard from Canadian immigration lawyers.
Yes, that's suppose to be the case. I was asking you because I am also illegaly in the country (I overstayed my student visa). My husband and I sent our application in July, 2018 to Sydney, CA. And then it was transferred to Missisauga to be processed. After that, it was sent to Los Angeles. According to our notes they think that even though our relationship seems genuine, they still sent it to LA for a second opinion since I am illegal. Why LA, because it is my visa office since I met the rule of being one year or over in the US with a legal status which I was.
Where is your application being processed and wgen did you guys send it??

luisalbert

Star Member
May 28, 2017
sri lanka
info that are shared in info sharing between US and canada

Appendix B Information that may be shared [Article 5 of the SMU]

1. Name 2. Alias(es) 3. Gender 4. Physical description 5. Date of birth 6. Country of birth 7. Country of last permanent residence 8. Nationality or nationalities 9. Biometrics including photographs and fingerprints 10. Work history 11. Military service 12. Links with terrorist and/or organized crime groups 13. Citizenship or immigration enforcement status and history 14. Travel carrier information 15. Passport and travel document information 16. Personal identification numbers 17. Travel routing, itinerary and history 18. Telephone numbers 19. Addresses 20. Marital status and family composition 21. Immigration status 22. Previous immigration violations 23. Outstanding immigration and criminal warrants for arrest 24. Criminal history and convictions for which no pardon has been granted in Canada or the United States 25. Occupational information 26. Education 27. Grounds of inadmissibility 28. Grounds of removal 29. Documents submitted in support of an application to CIC, INS or DOS or to their successors 30. Other criminal and security intelligence relevant to the purposes set out in 5.1. [Article 2 of the SMU] 31. Other information not listed above, provided it is relevant to the request and consistent with the purposes set ou

see this too
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in02-eng.pdf
No, this information isn't accurate. All the countries using vfs global will have access to all applicants' information if applied through vfs global. Say you apply for Norway tourist visa, you give your biometrics to vfs and when you apply for canada visa you give biometrics to vfs. in both cases vfs has all your information and will share no matter what country you apply for. Information including your application docs+information provided by you at the time of application

dagogo

May 3, 2019
hi everyone, I want to know if Canada verifies fingerprints/data information from the UK or Ireland, as well as visas from European countries previously visited because my girlfriend used to live in the uk but was deported back to Africa and she wants to apply to visit her sister in Canada this summer .

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
hi everyone, I want to know if Canada verifies fingerprints/data information from the UK or Ireland, as well as visas from European countries previously visited because my girlfriend used to live in the uk but was deported back to Africa and she wants to apply to visit her sister in Canada this summer .
Canada shares information with the UK and EU. If she was deported from the UK, first she will be required to disclose that in her visa application to Canada. If she doesn't, it will turn up in a background check. If she doesn't disclose, she will be banned from Canada for five years for misrepresentation.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I have banned 5 years Canada visitor visa, should i apply for UK?
Hope their is no issue to apply for UK?
Canada will tell the UK about your ban. You must declare that ban to the UK if you are asked in an application and explain what happened. The UK visa officer may consider your Canadian ban.