+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info sharing - Background check - PR application

srinis.k

Dec 14, 2023
Hi,

I submitted for PNP (Alberta) through express entry on Aug 29. Raised a GCMS notes query and following is the status

Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Info sharing - In progress
Medical -Passed - Expired
Eligibility - Passed

In GCMS notes, Info sharing 1 and 3 appears blank. Info sharing 2 is about Bio metric FCC with status no finger prints found. Info sharing 4 is about Biographic with status "Ready to be Assessed"

Inland application and Secondary office is CPC-Ottawa

Background check started on Oct 16th 2023. One of my friend who applied on same date got his background check completed. I am not sure if my application is stuck in Info sharing process.
Please note I have valid US B1/B2 VISA for another 6 years, in the past 10+ years have travelled from India to USA 10+ times(travel history) so not sure if that is adding to processing time as info sharing is pending with USA.

Appreciate the experts help.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,

I submitted for PNP (Alberta) through express entry on Aug 29. Raised a GCMS notes query and following is the status

Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Info sharing - In progress
Medical -Passed - Expired
Eligibility - Passed

In GCMS notes, Info sharing 1 and 3 appears blank. Info sharing 2 is about Bio metric FCC with status no finger prints found. Info sharing 4 is about Biographic with status "Ready to be Assessed"

Inland application and Secondary office is CPC-Ottawa

Background check started on Oct 16th 2023. One of my friend who applied on same date got his background check completed. I am not sure if my application is stuck in Info sharing process.
Please note I have valid US B1/B2 VISA for another 6 years, in the past 10+ years have travelled from India to USA 10+ times(travel history) so not sure if that is adding to processing time as info sharing is pending with USA.

Appreciate the experts help.
Pretty common for applicants to be stuck at these phases. You'll have to wait for them to process your application.