+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info on sponsoring parents on a multi entry visa

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi All,

I recently became a PR. Would like to know what is the procedure of sponsoring my parents on a multi entry visa (not Super Visa). How much should my income be and info like that. The Govt. website doesn't provide a clear info on all this.
Appreciate your help

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,

I recently became a PR. Would like to know what is the procedure of sponsoring my parents on a multi entry visa (not Super Visa). How much should my income be and info like that. The Govt. website doesn't provide a clear info on all this.
Appreciate your help
I don't think you can "sponsor" your parents on multi entry visa.

They will be applying for visitor visa. They need to proof strong tie to their home country.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
I don't think you can "sponsor" your parents on multi entry visa.

They will be applying for visitor visa. They need to proof strong tie to their home country.
And may I please know what is the procedure on that. Is that something that will be done by them or me. Also, what does this means "They need to proof strong tie to their home country", isn't that they have to prove their strong tie with me and not the home country?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
And may I please know what is the procedure on that. Is that something that will be done by them or me. Also, what does this means "They need to proof strong tie to their home country", isn't that they have to prove their strong tie with me and not the home country?
I have no idea on tourist visa. I come from a visa exempt country. Check the information in Visitor of this forum.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/visitors.8/

Basically, they are applying tourist visa. They have to show that they are only here to visit their son/daughter and will return home after the visit.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
I have no idea on tourist visa. I come from a visa exempt country. Check the information in Visitor of this forum.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/visitors.8/

Basically, they are applying tourist visa. They have to show that they are only here to visit their son/daughter and will return home after the visit.
Ohh ok but then why is my lawyer giving me a checklist of documents needed from me and my parents side? Also the application fees that he will be charging us for applying their visa. If its just going to be a visitor visa then what am i supposed to do. How can myself being a PR be helpful in their visa and be different from a normal visitor visa?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Ohh ok but then why is my lawyer giving me a checklist of documents needed from me and my parents side? Also the application fees that he will be charging us for applying their visa. If its just going to be a visitor visa then what am i supposed to do. How can myself being a PR be helpful in their visa and be different from a normal visitor visa?
I don't know why. As far as I know, the only "special type of visa for parents" is super visa.

Then other than that it's regular tourist visitor visa. I think your information will show that you are hosting for their visit. But I don't see any more value to the applicant other than that. And it shouldn't cost a lot. (since it's just tourist visa)

Maybe you can go to the visitor section of the forum and ask about visitor visa applicant requirement and process there.