+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info about new NOC 2007

ifti.khan

Feb 6, 2009
Dear all,
I would like to tell you that I have done master in Computer science with specialization in software engineering total of 16 years of education. when I look at new noc list, the code "0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers". I have experience as software engineer. Would some one let me know if I am eligible under the new system.If yes, do i have to use 0213 for my occupation. Thanks

dsenese

Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-02-2009
File Transfer...
03-06-2009
Med's Request
04-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
LANDED..........
29-05-2010
Only you will know - read the definition carefully.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0213

Computer and information systems managers perform some or all of the following duties:
* Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
* Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
* Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
* Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
* Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
* Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.

Employment requirements
* A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or engineering is usually required.
* Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.

Classified elsewhere

* Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
* Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
* Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)
* Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)
* Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
* Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
* LAN managers (in 2281 Computer Network Technicians)
* Software Engineers and Designers (2173)