+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ineligible Express Entry - does it affect my future visitor visa applications

TCole

Apr 1, 2017
Good day,

I have applied online (cic.gc.ca) for express entry end of December 2016, and my profile was ineligible. We are seriously looking into immigrating to Canada, but I knew that it would be a safer bet to work through an immigration lawyer. I only applied online to see what requirements we meet etc. It was a mistake, in retrospect, as I could have worked out our score beforehand...

My question is this: I am currently applying for a visitors visa to Canada, with plans to visit my family there in July 2017. Will my application for express entry, seeing that it was found ineligible, hamper my visitor visa application in any way? Just as a side note, I have visited Canada in 2011 and that visa still shows in my current passport, so hopefully this will attest to my honest intention to return to my home country.

Your answers will be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
TCole said:
Good day,

I have applied online (cic.gc.ca) for express entry end of December 2016, and my profile was ineligible. We are seriously looking into immigrating to Canada, but I knew that it would be a safer bet to work through an immigration lawyer. I only applied online to see what requirements we meet etc. It was a mistake, in retrospect, as I could have worked out our score beforehand...

My question is this: I am currently applying for a visitors visa to Canada, with plans to visit my family there in July 2017. Will my application for express entry, seeing that it was found ineligible, hamper my visitor visa application in any way? Just as a side note, I have visited Canada in 2011 and that visa still shows in my current passport, so hopefully this will attest to my honest intention to return to my home country.

Regards
It will not affect your visitor visa.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TCole said:
Good day,

Regards
No, an ineligible Express Entry profile has nothing to do with your visit visa application. Your application for visit visa would be assessed on the basis of your purpose of visit, duration of stay and intention to return back to your home country.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Applying on your own is the safest bet rather than going through an agent.