+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

Janin_nl

Oct 23, 2020
The travel guide literally says that you can proceed with this route..all you have to do is enter your departure and arrival city..

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
The travel guide literally says that you can proceed with this route..all you have to do is enter your departure and arrival city..
Travel guide was written Aug 15 or earlier. Its already old information. The latest news was released Aug 19. Latest information takes precedence.

"Due to restrictions in place by the Indian authorities, guests will only be able to transit to destinations in Africa until further notice. "

This is a restriction placed by India. The travel bubble info is available here as well, https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/about-air-transport-bubbles
However, I don't know if Etihad will actually implement this rule or unknowingly break it. I will trust this route only after someone flies to Canada using this.

Reactions: imisstraveling

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Anyone know US visa rules? I don't think we can enter US if we have US tourist visa. But can we transit US if we have US tourist visa?

Dx86

Aug 20, 2021
August 19 2021 I called Etihad airways to confirm the new arrangements. As per Etihad customer service, Indian passport holder can travel to Canada via Abu Dhabi on Canadian visitor visa. Requirements are - Negative RT-PCR test from the departing country in India. Test must be done within 48 Hours. Etihad will also book your Rapid RT-PCR test at your departing city in India and once you arrive in Abu dhabi, they will assist you for Rapid RT-PCR test. Payment should be done at the departing facility in India in advance. In Abu Dhabi, you will get the test results in 90 mins. I don't see any official announcement on the Etihad website yet.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
August 19 2021 I called Etihad airways to confirm the new arrangements. As per Etihad customer service, Indian passport holder can travel to Canada via Abu Dhabi on Canadian visitor visa. Requirements are - Negative RT-PCR test from the departing country in India. Test must be done within 48 Hours. Etihad will also book your Rapid RT-PCR test at your departing city in India and once you arrive in Abu dhabi, they will assist you for Rapid RT-PCR test. Payment should be done at the departing facility in India in advance. In Abu Dhabi, you will get the test results in 90 mins. I don't see any official announcement on the Etihad website yet.
Sounds like good news.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Please update if anyone is going to take this route and once you have landed safely in Canada.

Reactions: Cyfa and vsmkrm298

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
You are right.
We can travel via this route.

https://www.etihad.com/en-ca/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides

They have already mentioned on their website that they are conducting PCR test on airport.

One person already traveled through this route and he is Toronto now. He posted about this trip on Facebook group.

Reactions: jellybai01 and Dx86

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....