+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Etihad airways used to provide Pre-paid RT-PCR test at Abu Dhabi airport, this is what they confirmed months ago before UAE put a ban on India in Apr. Current scenario, you might want to call Etihad or AUH airport directly and confirm the same.
Thank you for that. I found it after digging more: https://www.etihad.com/en-ca/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides.
Once you put 'Mumbai' & 'Toronto' into the link, the details pop up in the respective tabs. But yea, will check with cust service as well.

Reactions: K&K

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/why-canada-again-extended-ban-on-direct-flights-india-explained-101628590538232.html

"
How Indian students can travel to Canada?

The Indian government has asked the Canadian government to lift the ban of direct flights in July, as there is a huge demand for both-way traffic. India's high commissioner to Ottawa Ajay Bisaria held meetings with the officials from Air India and Air Canada. The diplomatic push resulted in a leeway for Indian students which is inconvenient but a passage to enter Canada. They have to travel to a third country and get tested there as Canada is not accepting Covid-19 molecular test reports from India. They will also have to stay in that third country for 14 days.

"
Can someone help me understand how are people able to get into Canada by staying only 1-3 days in a third country (Mexico, Maldives, etc.), when the diplomatic statement says "they will have to stay in that third country for 14 days"? Is immigration at Canadian airports simply not asking Indian visitors which countries they have been to in the last 14 days? Are people just getting lucky, or this Mexico/Maldives/etc. short-stay route actually legit?

(Asking for my in-laws, who have a visitor visa, and are looking to travel to Canada asap)

A93

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Can someone help me understand how are people able to get into Canada by staying only 1-3 days in a third country (Mexico, Maldives, etc.), when the diplomatic statement says "they will have to stay in that third country for 14 days"? Is immigration at Canadian airports simply not asking Indian visitors which countries they have been to in the last 14 days? Are people just getting lucky, or this Mexico/Maldives/etc. short-stay route actually legit?

(Asking for my in-laws, who have a visitor visa, and are looking to travel to Canada asap)
The statement says that they might have to stay upto 14 days depending upon the entry regulations of the country. You just need RT PCR from a third country, there's no loophole here.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I am also planning for Etihad airlines. I also heard that till the end of Aug all flights are cancelled. Do correct me if I am wrong.

rsm1996

Aug 11, 2021
I just checked this route via Abu Dhabi to Toronto. Naively speaking, isn't the ticket price insanely high, like 3-4 times the usual price? Perhaps that's expected cause of the covid.
Yes they are insanely high for september. Was looking for October

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
I am also planning for Etihad airlines. I also heard that till the end of Aug all flights are cancelled. Do correct me if I am wrong.
Has anyone flown into Canada via this route recently - Mumbai - Abu Dhabi - Toronto or elsewhere in Canada?

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Has anyone flown into Canada via this route recently - Mumbai - Abu Dhabi - Toronto or elsewhere in Canada?
I am also enquiring about the same, Today(19th AUG) was the first flight from Mumbai - Abu Dhabi - Toronto do share information regarding this if you get.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Yes they are insanely high for september. Was looking for October
if booking directly on eithad website price is about CAD $2800+

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
Hey everyone!

In case I book a direct flight from India to Toronto after the date of September 21st (assuming that the restrictions would be lifted), would there be any loophole in this process?

kdsr

Oct 8, 2020
I have booked Sept 17 new delhi to mexico city via istanbul through Turkish Airlines. And then Mexico to Toronto via Air canada. one day stay in mexico at hilton at the mexico airport.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hey everyone!

In case I book a direct flight from India to Toronto after the date of September 21st (assuming that the restrictions would be lifted), would there be any loophole in this process?
Please book indirect route with minimum stopover.

You could try IND - Zurich ; Zurich - Canada
You have enough time to get a tourist visa to pass through Zurich (ZRH) ( VFS Rs. 3000 + Embassy Rs. 8000 approx. )
Emirates and Swiss Air / Air Canada is an option.
Costs will be way too less than any other route. Book as early to get best rates.

You can have two tickets with different PNRs.
You may choose your airlines such that IND-ZRH airline can tag your luggage to ZRH-CAN airline.
If they are not able to do so, you can use your tourist visa to self-transfer.
RT-PCR available both at Transit and in Self-transfer.

Janin_nl

Oct 23, 2020