+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Hi, If I am traveling to Canada with a layover in US and I am not changing the terminal/airport, do i still need transit visa or any other document/prior approval?

isostar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Hi guys
As the flight charges are becoming so expensive and they are not offering check in baggages, we are looking at option of shipping our bags as we can't handle this stress, especially as we are traveling with 2 small kids...
Does anyone know nominal cargo / shipping contact... Ppl are charging 600-650 per kg for delivering to Toronto... And it looks like there is a rule of only two shipment per customer per month etc.
Any guidance is appreciated.
Try Gati, service is bad but very economical if that's the priority

Reactions: kingofpsg

isostar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

As per the latest notification, Canada has extended restrictions on direct flights from India untill 21st September.

Any views on when to expect the next notification and whether there is high probability that it would be further extended?

Kpstu

Oct 27, 2020
Hi all,

As per the latest notification, Canada has extended restrictions on direct flights from India untill 21st September.

Any views on when to expect the next notification and whether there is high probability that it would be further extended?
Any views you gather here will be conjecture , since this decision is not only based on public health but Public and Political perception. Even if Canada moves forward with allowing vaccinated travelers from the rest of the world , it is highly possible for them to continue a separate India only policy i.e. till some other country becomes the source of a more virulent strain of Covid.

Reactions: isostar

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Hi all,

Election on September 20- I always maintained that the flight ban was political in nature , the timing is great
My best guess is that the flight ban will not be extended beyond September , but don’t come after me with a stick if it is extended :D

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Election on September 20- I always maintained that the flight ban was political in nature , the timing is great
My best guess is that the flight ban will not be extended beyond September , but don’t come after me with a stick if it is extended :D
Running minority Government is not easy as you don't have full mandate. Several Bills passed after coalition with NDP, Block Quebecois and some were killed by Opposition. Bill C-48 passed with margin of three votes, bill C-100 sent back to committee awaiting ratification by the US, bill C-48. Bill C-69 fiercely criticized by the Conservatives finally passed. No one is comfortable running Government with minority vote. NL, NB, BC and NS had elections during pandemic. Canadians are interesting with economic recovery, control pandemic whereas cases are now rising rapidly and move this out of pandemic. Since election were called, I didn't see political analyst associate with travel ban but it was expected election to be Sep 20 even before extension of travel ban. Liberal has 2years left. In my opinion, Travel ban will be extended toward next year. I have right to my own opinion....

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Running minority Government is not easy as you don't have full mandate. Several Bills passed after coalition with NDP, Block Quebecois and some were killed by Opposition. Bill C-48 passed with margin of three votes, bill C-100 sent back to committee awaiting ratification by the US, bill C-48. Bill C-69 fiercely criticized by the Conservatives finally passed. No one is comfortable running Government with minority vote. NL, NB, BC and NS had elections during pandemic. Canadians are interesting with economic recovery, control pandemic whereas cases are now rising rapidly and move this out of pandemic. Since election were called, I didn't see political analyst associate with travel ban but it was expected election to be Sep 20 even before extension of travel ban. Liberal has 2years left. In my opinion, Travel ban will be extended toward next year. I have right to my own opinion....
You have the right to your opinion, and I respect your opinion
But as someone who studied ( and studies) politics formally, I don’t see the benefit Canada would have in extending the ban.. as I’ve pointed out before , this ban is premised on political considerations at this point , because opening up flights to India at this crucial stage before the election will be domestically unpopular ( as happened in the U.K. earlier in the year )
And again, the epidemiological data doesn’t support the ban anymore - if you have data that supports the ban, feel free to send it

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
But as someone who studied ( and studies) politics formally, I don’t see the benefit Canada would have in extending the ban.. as I’ve pointed out before , this ban is premised on political considerations at this point , because opening up flights to India at this crucial stage before the election will be domestically unpopular ( as happened in the U.K. earlier in the year )
And again, the epidemiological data doesn’t support the ban anymore - if you have data that supports the ban, feel free to send it
Ofcouse it is good to disagree respectfully. While I'm not scientist to analyze epidemiology data, and as a layman in Science, I rely on Public Health Agency of Canada to give that recommendation. PHAC has advised not to lift suspension and if you read below Communication from Transport Canada, it made decision following advise From Public Health Agency. So I would ignore all political reasons and stick to the Top Medical Agency recommendation. It would be disaster for any politician to go against Public Health Agency Guidelines. If you don't see benefits of extending ban, others don't see benefit of lifting it up from "delta variant" struck region.

"Based on the latest public health advice from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Transport Canada is extending the Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) that restricts all direct commercial and private passenger flights to Canada from India until September 21, 2021, at 23:59 EDT"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The is a very large influx of passengers arriving from India and many are still bringing in covid. The lack of indirect flights reduces the amount of people travelling from India and travelling to India from Canada. Think that is one of the longterm goals is to slow the traffic from India to Canada and Canada to India. Many were still travelling for non urgent reasons. Many of those arriving from India are quarantining with family members which then exposes a whole household. Canada has done a pretty poor job ensuring people are actually quarantining properly. Many flying direct may also be older which also can create more demand on the Canadian health system if the catch covid. We’ll see what happens but given there is still a way to travel to Canada there isn’t a huge incentive to reinstate the direct routes. If our numbers remain high and the number of passengers entering Canada with covid remain high I think there is a good chance the ban will be extended. If anything I think more countries may end up with more restrictions or the government might actually start verifying quarantine plans to at least try to prevent spread once in Canada.

Sneed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
US new cases - 50,068 on August 14, 2021
India new cases - 36, 083 on August 14, 2021
Yes, it's clear that the direct flight ban has everything to do with "Health Reasons" and nothing to do with "Political Reasons"

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Whatever be the reason for extension, it's the airlines and travel agents who are minting money making use of this circumstance... Personally, I want the direct routes to open as Canada is open for globe from Sep9 for fully vaccinated tourists if I'm not wrong... Going by that and considering a major percentage of Canadians are now vaccinated, the ban must be lifted.