+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Really? Never heard of this, can you send a link ( Abu Dhabi )
Would be quite comfortable in that case, can travel directly to Abu Dhabi and transit for 8-12 hours
+1
Need to be super sure cause passport control at AUH is crazy. Cannot risk anything.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Official reply from Emirates after I told them that I have a valid Canadian student permit -

"Hello 4348, as per the last update you cannot travel to/from or via Dubai. I'd suggest you wait until we publish the new travel requirements for India. Let me know if you need any further assistance. -Terence"

In the previous interaction they said -

hope you are doing well. we don't have a testing facility for our transit passengers. As per the last update, you're required to break your journey in Dubai to take the test from a medical centre in the city. Our website is in the process of being updated with the latest protocols and requirements for travel: https://bit.ly/3iWVL5K. I'd suggest you check tomorrow online or drop us a message and we'll be glad to help you. -Terence

Last edited:

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Uggggh. First the VFS has my passport and not replying since 5 days now. And now there seems to be no way out of this ‘PCR TEST AND INDIRECT ROUTE DRAMA’

In another news- India’s 3 rd wave has forced all Indian passport holders to be deported back. In addition, 3rd generation Indian immigrants who have migrated from India since the French War of 1787, to be deported back to India too, with immediate effect.

I feel like by the time we’ll figure this out. It will be too late (because they way cases are rising, its scary). Just hoping we get our passports in time and fly away ASAP.

• Sad
Reactions: Shadow_Man

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Are parents of citizens exempt. Can they travel to Canada now from India? I booked a ticket for my mum Sep 1 from

Bom -> Dubai -> Toronto -> Vancouver -> Edmonton.

I know she has a PCR test in Mumbai and then one in Dubai and last one in Toronto. She has a 6 hrs stop in Dubai can she get a PCR test done?
So how does she get one?
Does she need to leave the airport and does she need a visa to do this? How fast can she get results?

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
my cousins friend at FLYDUBAI confirmed there is a center for transit passengers to test onsite and results are asap

Reactions: Catmom

Catmom

May 28, 2020
my cousins friend at FLYDUBAI confirmed there is a center for transit passengers to test onsite and results are asap
Please share the official link whenever you have it. We are trying to keep this thread full of factual information. No hearsay

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
This test was offered to Pakistan Nationals.

https://www.etihad.com/en/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides

Select KARACHI to TORONTO

Important information about travelling from Pakistan to Canada
  • Canadian regulations require all guests transiting from Pakistan to take a PCR test and receive a negative result before boarding a direct flight to Canada. Etihad is pleased to offer this test at Abu Dhabi Airport in line with the requirements and the test results are usually received in up to two hours. Payment for the test will be required during check-in at Pakistan for a fee of of USD 50 (or exchange rate equivalent). You will still require a PCR test to depart Pakistan, and must purchase an additional PCR test to be taken during transit in Abu Dhabi to be accepted from Pakistan.
    What happens if I receive a positive test result?
    If you test positive, you will be required to stay in government quarantine to receive treatment as required. Once you are declared COVID negative by the health authority, you can continue your journey and you will be rebooked to your final destination.
    If you incur treatment costs, our COVID-19 Global Wellness Insurance covers COVID-19 related medical expenses.
    If an accompanying family member has tested negative, they can continue their journey. If they choose not to board the onward flight, they would need to clear immigration provided they are eligible for a visa or continue on the next flight due to transit restrictions if the next flight was more than 12 hours away.

This is not available to IND to CAN yet!

Reactions: rogerdude1

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
This test was offered to Pakistan Nationals.

https://www.etihad.com/en/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides

Select KARACHI to TORONTO

Important information about travelling from Pakistan to Canada
  • Canadian regulations require all guests transiting from Pakistan to take a PCR test and receive a negative result before boarding a direct flight to Canada. Etihad is pleased to offer this test at Abu Dhabi Airport in line with the requirements and the test results are usually received in up to two hours. Payment for the test will be required during check-in at Pakistan for a fee of of USD 50 (or exchange rate equivalent). You will still require a PCR test to depart Pakistan, and must purchase an additional PCR test to be taken during transit in Abu Dhabi to be accepted from Pakistan.
    What happens if I receive a positive test result?
    If you test positive, you will be required to stay in government quarantine to receive treatment as required. Once you are declared COVID negative by the health authority, you can continue your journey and you will be rebooked to your final destination.
    If you incur treatment costs, our COVID-19 Global Wellness Insurance covers COVID-19 related medical expenses.
    If an accompanying family member has tested negative, they can continue their journey. If they choose not to board the onward flight, they would need to clear immigration provided they are eligible for a visa or continue on the next flight due to transit restrictions if the next flight was more than 12 hours away.

This is not available to IND to CAN yet!
must be older info since PCR from Pakistan is accepted now

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
He works at flydubai!

• Haha
Reactions: Catmom