+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indians: IT Return shows Gross income, not Gross Salary, so then???

bkm23578

Feb 22, 2012
hello friends,

some ppl suggested me to show IT return instead of bank stmt as I being paid small cash salary and I did not deposit into bank a/c.

Yes, I have filed my IT return showing my SALARY but in the AKNOWLDGEMENT, there is only the heading of GROSS TOTAL INCOME and not 'SALARY'. Now GROSS TOTAL INCOME could consist of various things like bank interest, other income etc. etc.

So how does the Immigration ppl know WHAT IS MY JOB SALARY by looking at the return? Do they contact Indian income tax department and see the actual breakup of GROSS TOTAL INCOME so they can know what it consist of?

pls help thx

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
If you are employed, than submit form 16 alongwith IT returns.

bkm23578 said:
hello friends,

some ppl suggested me to show IT return instead of bank stmt as I being paid small cash salary and I did not deposit into bank a/c.

Yes, I have filed my IT return showing my SALARY but in the AKNOWLDGEMENT, there is only the heading of GROSS TOTAL INCOME and not 'SALARY'. Now GROSS TOTAL INCOME could consist of various things like bank interest, other income etc. etc.

So how does the Immigration ppl know WHAT IS MY JOB SALARY by looking at the return? Do they contact Indian income tax department and see the actual breakup of GROSS TOTAL INCOME so they can know what it consist of?

pls help thx

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
nano24482 said:
If you are employed, than submit form 16 alongwith IT returns.
Nano.....based on form 16 and bank statements your IT returns are filed.....

@bkm23578...but if you luk at the IT acknowledgement closely it would even have computation of Income.....it consists the breakup of ur gross income.....this computation of income needs to be send alongwid acknowledgement....even i didnt knew it..but figured it out myself.......

Also to clarify wen u are paid cash salary...the employer won't provide Form16

bkm23578

Feb 22, 2012
jaggy999 said:
Nano.....based on form 16 and bank statements your IT returns are filed.....

@ bkm23578...but if you luk at the IT acknowledgement closely it would even have computation of Income.....it consists the breakup of ur gross income.....this computation of income needs to be send alongwid acknowledgement....even i didnt knew it..but figured it out myself.......

Also to clarify wen u are paid cash salary...the employer won't provide Form16
no form 16 because no tds deducted because of income exempt from tax,, so i have only electronic aknowledgement .. .but it doesn't show computation of income..

GROSS TOTAL INCOME..
DEDUCTIONS
TOTAL INCOME
TOTAL TAX AND INTEREST PAYABLE... ETC. ETC. ETC.

but no computation of income...

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Really Sorry.
Posted advice when I didn't read the whole post.

Do you have any annual contract letter(with income written on it), or salary slip(doubtful as they pay in cash).

I think there is no computation of income, because you or your accountant who filled up the forms did not mentioned it.(I may be wrong too)

I would suggest that you contact your accountant for the same.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
computation of income is a diff page altogether computed by ur CA.....its never included in the acknowledgment

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
The OP can submit the computation of income too.

When my parents applied for a student loan for my brother they submitted their income tax returns(along with such computation-which was basically a handwritten piece of paper).

jaggy999 said:
computation of income is a diff page altogether computed by ur CA.....its never included in the acknowledgment

bkm23578

Feb 22, 2012
ofcourse i have computation of income but that is prepared by my CA and not by the IT dept so they won't trust that obviously..

so if immigration wants to find out what is my GENUINE SALARY from the GROSS TOTAL INCOME figure... how will it find out???

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
bkm23578 said:
ofcourse i have computation of income but that is prepared by my CA and not by the IT dept so they won't trust that obviously..

so if immigration wants to find out what is my GENUINE SALARY from the GROSS TOTAL INCOME figure... how will it find out???
thats their biz........we can provide IT returns nd computation of income......they are wise enough to understand.

Also in the computation of income, it is written as Income from salary or Income from other sources.

IT returns in any country are made to show the gross income based on which how much tax u need to pay is determined.

Also Visa officers need tis it return to calculate the amount you have earned till nw and the settlement money u showing is urs and not taken from sum1 else.

Dont worry abt the IT thing too much.....its a must that u should submit it....let it show nythin

bkm23578

Feb 22, 2012
thanks jaggy999, just two questions:

1) do we need to submit aknowledgement or the main IT return (sahaj) form (red-colour?

2) nowadays everyone files their returns 'electronically' so their is no stamp or sign of IT officerr on those papers, so is it ok to submit without that or should it be stamped by an iT officer?

3) i just start working/earning in 2010 so i have filed return only for 2 years and not 3 years.. that is ok? so i have reqd. funds but most of it are from my childhood, when my parents opened the a/c..