+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Guys, I will applying for pcc from NY, my wife does not have my name as spouse in her passport, my passport was renewed recently so her name is mentioned in mine. Anyone who has experience from NY embassy if they will issue pcc for my wife without adding spouse name?

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
Guys, I will applying for pcc from NY, my wife does not have my name as spouse in her passport, my passport was renewed recently so her name is mentioned in mine. Anyone who has experience from NY embassy if they will issue pcc for my wife without adding spouse name?

I got mine and my wife's PPC done yesterday in NY. They gave it the same day.

And I don't think it matters. My passport doesn't have my wife's name and her passport doesn't have my name and they don't even check if you are husband and wife. The certificates are issued for individuals and not for group or couples. So you will fill out 2 forms and apply for separate certificates by submitting separate copies of your Ids, etc. And you will get two separate certificates, one for you and other for your wife.

Someone said in this thread that photos arent required but when I called them they said they are so I had to run and get photos done before reaching the consulate. I will advise getting it done beforehand to avoid any last minute panic. Also, carry exact cash. There is a photocopy machine in the consulate itself but I will recommend making enough copies to avoid time waste.

I went there about 11am on Monday, my turn came in like 10 minutes and they told me to come back at 1230. came back at 1220 and it was ready. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: dora115

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I got mine and my wife's PPC done yesterday in NY. They gave it the same day.

And I don't think it matters. My passport doesn't have my wife's name and her passport doesn't have my name and they don't even check if you are husband and wife. The certificates are issued for individuals and not for group or couples. So you will fill out 2 forms and apply for separate certificates by submitting separate copies of your Ids, etc. And you will get two separate certificates, one for you and other for your wife.

Someone said in this thread that photos arent required but when I called them they said they are so I had to run and get photos done before reaching the consulate. I will advise getting it done beforehand to avoid any last minute panic. Also, carry exact cash. There is a photocopy machine in the consulate itself but I will recommend making enough copies to avoid time waste.

I went there about 11am on Monday, my turn came in like 10 minutes and they told me to come back at 1230. came back at 1220 and it was ready. Good luck.
Thank you, did you carry your marriage certificate and did you mention status as married in miscellaneous form?

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
Thank you, did you carry your marriage certificate and did you mention status as married in miscellaneous form?
Yes, I carried all documents to be on safe side. I do not think they asked for a copy but I did hit iit with me just in case.
The form says enter name and nationality of spouse which I wrote.

Reactions: dora115