+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC at San Francisco Indian consulate....

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all members,

I have question regarding Indian PCC fees and passport submittion.

1) can we send Money order for fees of PCC.

2) we must have to send original passports? or photocopies with notary is enough.

I appreciate help from members who know this process well at SFO Indian consulate.

OMM

Reactions: Raju prasad koirala

Kumar0919

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Miscellaneous service form can be downloaded from the consulate website. Fees can be paid thru a money order. Original passport is required with the application. If the passport is issued from CGI, SanFrancisco, you will get it within a day. If they have to refer to the issuing office, it may take up to 15 days. Best of luck.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks kumar, my passport issued from outside SFO and even outside USA, issued from India. so, I will send passport and it will take 15days to return back, uhh, even we have to send notary too of passport too...
I need PCC for me and my wife, so we have to send both passports with application.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I seen this text "What is the procedure to apply for PCC if your passport was issued from any other Passport office/ Indian Mission? "
on h t t p : / / w w w . c g i s f . o rg / v i s a / i n d i a n_s e r v i c es . ht m l # m i s-pcc

and the text is :

What is the procedure to apply for PCC if passport was issued from any other Passport office/ Indian Mission?

i) Miscellaneous services form

ii) One Photograph (preferably in colour, front facing, 2" X 2" )

iii) Since it takes 30-35 days for the issue of PCC, you must submit the photocopy of the passport at the time of applying and present the original at the time of issue of the PCC as it will have to be stamped.
iv) Personal particulars Proforma with 3 copies and 3 photographs

v) Fees of $ 40

vi) A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED USPS EXPRESS MAIL ENVELOPE WITH APPROPRIATE STAMP SHOULD BE SENT FOR RETURNING PASSPORT/DOCUMENT FOR EACH APPLICANT.

I am confuse on part iii which I marked red. means we have to send it with application or when we have to present original passport when SFO consulate issue PCC.

I need to clear it becasue in may 8th 2010 I have IELTS examination and I can not submit original passport right now.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got Answer from friend.

for FEES money order is fine.

and number iii part , photocopies colored is fine and they will call for stamp PCC that time we have to provide it Original passport.
OMM

Kumar0919

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Yes, it makes more sense to submit copies at the time of application and present original for them to stamp when receiving the PCC.As my passport was issued from the same office, I submitted the original and they stamped it the same day.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all members,
I visited 4 notary and they not accepted the Colored Photocopies, they said it's illegale to notary colored photocopy.
I ask to notary : passport pages 1st to 3rd and last 2 page for me and my wife.
State ID photocopy : me and for my wife, I797, I94. but the above mentioned 4 notary not accepted to notary my documents.
please help what to do.

raj2close

Jun 28, 2010
I am planning to go the SFO consulate personally and submit papers and fee. Did you fill out 3 copies of "Personal Proforma"?

I want to submit my passport to them but for return of it, do I need to carry a self-addressed envelope?

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raj2close said:
I am planning to go the SFO consulate personally and submit papers and fee. Did you fill out 3 copies of "Personal Proforma"?

I want to submit my passport to them but for return of it, do I need to carry a self-addressed envelope?
I got it and already submitted with full docs last week.
if you go personaly then its good if you near to SFO, I am far from SFO its take 8hrs drive from my town in Calif. yes you have to carry envelope or pay extra $40 to consulate, I sent Fedex envelope with application and itscharged me $13.
OMM

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
I sent my application for PCC at SFO yesterday. They will receive tomorrow morning.
Just wondering how much time it will take to send me back my passport?
any experience guys here?
web site says 30 days plus postal time.
8)

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got it within 10days by courrier actual time they spent just 3working days.
Its depend on your application and inquiry for PCC.
You will get it in few days SFO indian consulate is fast to issue PCC.

OMM

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
Thanks Omm
Pleased to see they are working ;D

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they are working, I have experience even nice consulate staff when you call them. dont forget to pickup the phone when they call you for verification.
even new york consulate also nice.
yes huston texas is worst consulate in the USA.

OMM

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
omm said:
they are working, I have experience even nice consulate staff when you call them. dont forget to pickup the phone when they call you for verification.
even new york consulate also nice.
yes huston texas is worst consulate in the USA.

OMM
I got totally different experience so far. :mad: :mad:
They received my application on 19 Aug. I called them 8 times, email them 10 times and leave voice message about 4 times between 19 Sept to 22 Sept, there is no reply. :eek:
They are quite frustrating me now. Meanwhile, I am thinking to start my PCC process from India also.
I want to visit my wife in Toronto in Oct but i didn't get my passport yet so i didnt book my tixs. :-\
I hope they can give me before Nov. ::)
SFO quite disappoint me
Please do not apply there if anybody thinking to do.

bloodyguitars

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
@nash_avatar, I am in a same boat as you, applied on the same date 18th august to sfo consulate but havent heard anything from them yet. No replies to emails/voicemessages/phone calls. Did you hear anything from them yet? Please let me know if anything changes.

Anybody knows how long it takes to get PCC from sfo?