+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

NNVV

Jan 20, 2021
hey i went to Surrey BLS on April 10 2024 and they say that they are not accepting application as the fee is not updated for Indian Passport Surrender application process but i saw on their website, its changed to $38.7. i am not sure why they didn't accept my application.

anyone in same boat?
Yes they told me the same over the phone. Last week when I called they said it will get updated by end of last week but it is not updated yet. I just called Vancouver BLS today and they said the same thing that they are not accepting application for SC at this time due to fees update and updated fees are for Toronto jurisdiction only and they are also not sure how long it will take to update the fees for Vancouver jurisdiction.

jyojyoti

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
Yes they told me the same over the phone. Last week when I called they said it will get updated by end of last week but it is not updated yet. I just called Vancouver BLS today and they said the same thing that they are not accepting application for SC at this time due to fees update and updated fees are for Toronto jurisdiction only and they are also not sure how long it will take to update the fees for Vancouver jurisdiction.
hey, i see that fee has been updated on all judication now but they are saying that its not updated...
can u pls update it here once you get any information.

NNVV

Jan 20, 2021
hey, i see that fee has been updated on all judication now but they are saying that its not updated...
can u pls update it here once you get any information.
Yes, I would. Can you please update here too in case if you get any update. if you see consulate website for vancouver it is not yet updated with the new fees maybe that is why they are not accepting it. I am doing postal application so I would not send the application until I know the final fees.

https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pages/NjI0

jyojyoti

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
Yes, I would. Can you please update here too in case if you get any update. if you see consulate website for vancouver it is not yet updated with the new fees maybe that is why they are not accepting it. I am doing postal application so I would not send the application until I know the final fees.

https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pages/NjI0
Oh why r u sending it via postal?
i will do the walk in to make sure my docs dont get lost.
thanks for sharing the website

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Can I submit our SC application on a walk in for me and my partner? I have appointments for both at BLS Mississauga.

Partner won't be able to join.

Any suggestions are welcome!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can I submit our SC application on a walk in for me and my partner? I have appointments for both at BLS Mississauga.

Partner won't be able to join.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Yes you can, only thing to think about is the photos. If you get them clicked outside BLS likely will create the issue and ask you to get them clicked at the centre

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Yes you can, only thing to think about is the photos. If you get them clicked outside BLS likely will create the issue and ask you to get them clicked at the centre
Thank you @abbas.pasha bhai! We will keep that in mind! We have opted for photo service as well, but for my partner we will need to decide.

Also, some follow up questions:
1. Is there a process I should follow to submit for my partner?
2. For payment, can I pay all fees (includes the application and return courier fee) at the same time? Or do I need to take a DD for return courier?
3. My appointment is at 12:40 PM - what time should I go to BLS Mississauga?

Last edited:

rammani

Feb 3, 2021
My partial timeline in Toronto jurisdiction:
4-Apr: Submitted in person via appointment at BLS
5-Apr: Reached embassy and documents/payment received
8-Apr: Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate
9-Apr: Surrender certificate has been printed.
Do you see any updates in the bls tracker as I have a similar timeline?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you @abbas.pasha bhai! We will keep that in mind! We have opted for photo service as well, but for my partner we will need to decide.

Also, some follow up questions:
1. Is there a process I should follow to submit for my partner?
2. For payment, can I pay all fees (includes the application and return courier fee) at the same time? Or do I need to take a DD for return courier?
3. My appointment is at 12:40 PM - what time should I go to BLS Mississauga?
  • You can submit for your partner as per the standard process you'd follow for your application.
  • You can make the payment for SC, Photographs, Courier etc in one go through Debit card or exact cash (CC are not accepted)
  • Try and be there 5-10 mins early

• Love
Reactions: adstarscream732