+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
What was the status in consulate tracking when BLS Tracking changed to "In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre". Mine is stuck in "Surrender Certificate has been printed" (consulate tracking) and "Processing at Consulate General" (BLS Tracking) for 4-5 days now
I hope you got your certificate. Mine was similar between consulate general and BLS tracking. BLS updates on their end once they get your certificate from consulate

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
How long does it take for status to change from 'Surrender Certificate has been printed' to next status? The status has been like this since Feb 20th.
I opted for the pickup and did not pay for the courier service.

Submitted at BLS Montreal.
Hello, Have you received any update on your file?? My spouse has submitted on Feb 28th at BLS Montreal and still no progress. It says " Processing at High Commission"

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hi,

I am in the same situation.
Received an email stating that my application is sent back ($62 for courier) due to mismatch of parents name, I think we should not give surname for parents, which add up with their first name and become mismatch from the passport.

Can you help me with details?
1. Do I have to attach photo again on the re do application form?
2. Do I have to make all the documents again? or just corrected application form and check list page only?

TQ
1. Do I have to attach photo again on the re do application form?
Yes, please remove the photo from your old form and paste it in the new application form.
2. Do I have to make all the documents again? or just corrected application form and check list page only?
The corrected application form with the new checklist are good enough.

Reactions: ThenT

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for detailed response. I hope your POB in Canadian Passport printed as "Mumbai, IND" (Place of birth and Country from Canada Passport application)

Now good for adult application, for kids if they are going to verify there US birth certificate then I have to update POB with Town name instead of state name, as they will decline with state name even it is on there US passport .

Surrender application: Verified sample form of errors (but it was blank for spouse name) and SURRENDER-FORM-FILLING-INSTRUCTIONS document it says "All names on the application form must be mentioned exactly as per Indian Passport." so not sure hence below question:
- While submitting online surrender form should I mention spouse name before marriage (Anu abc sharma) as per current indian passport or her new legal name after marriage (Anu xyz verma).

could you please help here?.
Yes It was printed as Mumbai, IND

Looking at our experience I think you should update it as per the minor's birth certificate, but tbh, you do not need to print 2 forms and keep it with you, if they want to make a change they will do that over the counter

For SC form, include the name which was as per the Indian Passport. Remember you are surrendering the Indian passport atm, not applying for OCI...
Parent's name should be mentioned as per the name mentioned on her Indian passport first name last name or last name first name

Reactions: Mum2Can

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Thanks for this info, on my current indian passport wife name is before marriage.
so while submitting online surrender form should I mention her name before marriage (Anu abc sharma) as per current indian passport or her new legal name after marriage (Anu xyz verma).
please help.
I'm not sure because I was a single applicant. But, if I were in your position, I'd go with the name as in your passport. The people verifying the information are like typical Indian teachers that won't accept anything outside what's given in the textbook.

Perhaps, you can make an affidavit to support your claim saying they are the same person and get it attested from a cheap Notary lawyer. Other option is to call and confirm with BLS before submitting your application.

Reactions: Mum2Can

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Thank you for confirmation and suggestion.

Yes It was printed as Mumbai, IND

Looking at our experience I think you should update it as per the minor's birth certificate, but tbh, you do not need to print 2 forms and keep it with you, if they want to make a change they will do that over the counter

For SC form, include the name which was as per the Indian Passport. Remember you are surrendering the Indian passport atm, not applying for OCI...
Parent's name should be mentioned as per the name mentioned on her Indian passport first name last name or last name first name

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Yes, I have to become "Chatur" student ;) from 3 idiot movie to get my surrender application accepted.

Thanks for affidavit suggestion, I have affidavit notarized for different name. will keep it for safer side.

I'm not sure because I was a single applicant. But, if I were in your position, I'd go with the name as in your passport. The people verifying the information are like typical Indian teachers that won't accept anything outside what's given in the textbook.

Perhaps, you can make an affidavit to support your claim saying they are the same person and get it attested from a cheap Notary lawyer. Other option is to call and confirm with BLS before submitting your application.

Reactions: Mr. E

mammu.529

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Does anyone has an experience on surrendering the indian passport in india ( Hyderabad)? How many days it will take to get surrender certificate? Can I submit my son’s passport (14 years old)?

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
Finally, we got our SCs today from Vancouver BLS Centre.. Below is my timeline if that helps anyone..

BLS (Vancouver) Process for Surrender:
Purolator Label created: Feb 28, 2024
Purolator Pick up: March 1, 2024
Delivered to BLS center (Vancouver) - March 4, 2024
BLS Center sent to Consulate - March 13, 2024
Under review at Consulate - March 19, 2024
Surrender Certificated printed - March 26, 2024
In Transit from Consulate to BLS centre - April 1, 2024
Ready for Dispatch from BLS centre - April 3, 2024
Dispatched via Courier from BLS centre - April 3, 2024
Delivered to my Home Address - April 4, 2024

Reactions: Zay11

SruthiT

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I went for passport surrender last week in Brampton. Today, when I tried to track my application on BLS site, my delivery address shows incorrect postal code. I re-checked my application and I correctly mentioned the postal code. How can I correct this please?
I have submitted the grievance form on the bls website. But no response yet.
I can’t reach to their phone numbers either.
Any advice please?

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello all!

Surrendered passport yesterday at Mississauga BLS with appointment slot. Process went very smooth, with just 20 minutes of wait time once I was inside.

Fee (including courier and surcharge) came to 100 dollars. Paid by debit card and had to insert into the machine with PIN. No tap option.

ALSO: I tried tracking my SC application at the passport seva website but i keep getting "Invalid application code" error. I only have the reference number 24-XXXXXXX on the BLS payment receipt. Any help?

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all!

Surrendered passport yesterday at Mississauga BLS with appointment slot. Process went very smooth, with just 20 minutes of wait time once I was inside.

Fee (including courier and surcharge) came to 100 dollars. Paid by debit card and had to insert into the machine with PIN. No tap option.

ALSO: I tried tracking my SC application at the passport seva website but i keep getting "Invalid application code" error. I only have the reference number 24-XXXXXXX on the BLS payment receipt. Any help?
Login into the passport seva portal and then track your application. The tracking directly does not work. Additionally you can track it on BLS site too.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte