22-01-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015 (Passport Sent: 05-02-2015) (Decision Made: 06-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2015 (already in canada)
Hi Members,

I opted for the postal application to surrender my Indian passport. Purolator collected my documents/package on 9-Jan-2024 and it was delivered on 10-Jan-2024. However, even as of today the status on BLS is showing "No records found". Is this normal? When can i expect progress on my file?

Reactions: desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Members,

I opted for the postal application to surrender my Indian passport. Purolator collected my documents/package on 9-Jan-2024 and it was delivered on 10-Jan-2024. However, even as of today the status on BLS is showing "No records found". Is this normal? When can i expect progress on my file?
The messages above yours is talking about it. 2 weeks and still no records found.

montrealhoysala

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015 (Passport Sent: 05-02-2015) (Decision Made: 06-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2015 (already in canada)

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Yea they said the same thing to me when i called them last friday. I guess still a wait and watch scenario. Shocks me that it take 2-3 weeks to open a package and confirm the documentation
That's very very bad service.. I thought it might be 2-4 days delay than walkin.. so I went with postal.. this is ridiculous as they are charging us extra money also to get labels from them and still not opening our packages... atleast acknowledge the package and put it on tracker.. take more time for processing but without tracker nobody knows if they will really have it or lost it after 2weeks or they will ask any more documents after 2weeks.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
That's very very bad service.. I thought it might be 2-4 days delay than walkin.. so I went with postal.. this is ridiculous as they are charging us extra money also to get labels from them and still not opening our packages... atleast acknowledge the package and put it on tracker.. take more time for processing but without tracker nobody knows if they will really have it or lost it after 2weeks or they will ask any more documents after 2weeks.
Its just a fact we'd need to deal with for some time unless both governments improve the relations AND BLS also start making some profits - which they are already via asking folks to take couriers (postal). Something is not right with BLS i feel, it could be deliberate thing or non-accountable cause at the moment within their operational aspects. (Ex they were asked to reduce handling or service fee from 7.40 to 1.70 CAD)..

Reactions: SAMSAG6116

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Its just a fact we'd need to deal with for some time unless both governments improve the relations AND BLS also start making some profits - which they are already via asking folks to take couriers (postal). Something is not right with BLS i feel, it could be deliberate thing or non-accountable cause at the moment within their operational aspects. (Ex they were asked to reduce handling or service fee from 7.40 to 1.70 CAD)..
Probably they were not asked.. i think they proposed it to convince govt on paper to renew the contract for multi year in Canada and may be to convince others if any questioning why bls have been given contract again..

Reactions: coolak2007

aspirant9

Nov 8, 2018
Hello all, planning to apply for SC in bls Toronto as walk-in in person. Do I have an option to pick up the SC in person or do I need to pay for courier service to receive SC separately for my and husband's application?

Blueuniverse

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto/Scarborough
Hi, can I book visa appointment at Toronto BLS location and use it for surrender/OCI or will I be turned away? Other options are standing outside in this bitter cold for walk-in or doing postal application which might might take more time.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Hi, can I book visa appointment at Toronto BLS location and use it for surrender/OCI or will I be turned away? Other options are standing outside in this bitter cold for walk-in or doing postal application which might might take more time.
our experience, they did check application form vs appointment letter before giving a sticky note as token at Mississauga! Its another fact that the lady turned down our stuff as Canada zip code was missing in Govt of India form, as it has to be exact per ID etc and that it should be there in "Emergency contact". You can try booking a visa and going for OCI and or SC. It would be on mood of security guy, when/ what time you go and office like Brampton vs Mississauga etc. Not sure if anyone tried that as I see a lot of Visa slots green, also Winnipeg has bunch open too

virtwo

May 18, 2020
We went (walk-in) to BLS Surrey to submit SC application, at around 9:30AM. We were in-out in 15 minutes. There were only two other families. Most likely due to heavy snowfall, there was unusually low rush. Person at counter said that processing will take 4w and then 1w to get certificate back via post.

RIght after we went (walk-in) to Service Canada in Surrey for Passport application. Decent number of people were there. Took roughly 2.5 hours in-out. They said to come and pickup passport on 31st.

I am guessing next few days will be low rush at both these places due to snow. JIC, anyone is planning a walk-in, seems like a good time.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
We went (walk-in) to BLS Surrey to submit SC application, at around 9:30AM. We were in-out in 15 minutes. There were only two other families. Most likely due to heavy snowfall, there was unusually low rush. Person at counter said that processing will take 4w and then 1w to get certificate back via post.

RIght after we went (walk-in) to Service Canada in Surrey for Passport application. Decent number of people were there. Took roughly 2.5 hours in-out. They said to come and pickup passport on 31st.

I am guessing next few days will be low rush at both these places due to snow. JIC, anyone is planning a walk-in, seems like a good time.
How are you able to submit SC application without Canadian passport?
In BLS they have always asked for Canadian passport..