+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Guys, I had randomly booked an appointment for OCI card for 29th dec morning at Ottawa BLS. Till today morning my surrender certificate status was processing at high commission. But I just checked and it changed to ready for collection. The pick up time is 3-4.30pm. Do you guys think I should take chance and go prepared tomorrow morning and request them to give me surrender certificate in the morning itself which I can attach with the application. Please suggest
Did you try asking them for SC? Did it work?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Guys, I had randomly booked an appointment for OCI card for 29th dec morning at Ottawa BLS. Till today morning my surrender certificate status was processing at high commission. But I just checked and it changed to ready for collection. The pick up time is 3-4.30pm. Do you guys think I should take chance and go prepared tomorrow morning and request them to give me surrender certificate in the morning itself which I can attach with the application. Please suggest
If you have tried it, I would not say anything..
If you have not... do not waste your time. They only allow picks i the afternoon and you have to go early to be first in the line as they let only few people in at a time.

wanderlust12

Jan 10, 2024
Called Bls toronto (number in bls site upper right corner) for pickup/delivery of 2 surrender applications.
Ivr option not able to generate shipping lablel selected.
transferred to Agent - got mine and wife's basic details ( name, email, phone, address).
agent sent 3 links to email.
#1st link had checkout page for Send application to BLS for me ($41.2)
#2nd link same service for wife ($41.2)
# 3rd link Delivery to home service for me and wife ($82.4)
After payment of link 1 and 2 received two email. One confirmation from purolator and another from bls with shipping label.
After 3rd link payment received 1 delivery confirmation email from bls.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Called Bls toronto (number in bls site upper right corner) for pickup/delivery of 2 surrender applications.
Ivr option not able to generate shipping lablel selected.
transferred to Agent - got mine and wife's basic details ( name, email, phone, address).
agent sent 3 links to email.
#1st link had checkout page for Send application to BLS for me ($41.2)
#2nd link same service for wife ($41.2)
# 3rd link Delivery to home service for me and wife ($82.4)
After payment of link 1 and 2 received two email. One confirmation from purolator and another from bls with shipping label.
After 3rd link payment received 1 delivery confirmation email from bls.
Did you ask them if we can pay only for sending applications to bls but for delivery can we not just pickup from bls?

Also, can't we send both applications in 1 courier thus paying $41.2 only once instead of twice?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I recently used the generate payment link option and I was able to pay for the shipping labels. And it doesn’t charge extra. First click on generate payment link button on top right, then enter your passport number. Then it will take you to the payment option. Once you pay for the ship to BLS, you can do a second transaction using the same link to create Deliver to home label. Paid $84 in total.
How can they have your passport no if you never submitted anything till now?
@gargeedesai
Still waiting for your reply.. please confirm and reply that how did your passport number went into their records to search on get payment link?

When I tried with multiple family members passports it says record not found which is obvious as bls does not have passport no yet

bkk2011

Mar 14, 2022
Hi Everyone ,
Quick question . Am about to send my postal application
Would like to know if to paste photos on forms or to send them loose.
based on your experience.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Has anyone submitted SC application without entering anything for "Visible distinguishing mark"? or is entering "NA" mandatory for it if there is no mark?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi there,
Few questions.
-- Can I apply for Surrender Certificate at the BLS Toronto (Lawrence center)?
-- We are family of 3, parents + 1 kid. Do all 3 of us need to go together? I am assuming, it is better to take them along if they have any stupid demands of photos not accepted or need signature or thumb print etc.
-- If I submit the applications in person, can I collect them in person as well once all 3 are ready for pickup? Will it be always the same center where you submitted or it can change ?

Currently appointment available only for May 23 but I am thinking of going as a walk-in. Friend went today and they said they accept walk=ins based on rush only till 1 PM.

Thanks,
if you submitted, can parents sign on behalf of kid on both pages or kid has to sign or give fingerprint?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hey Guys.. If sending this via postal, then how many days does it track to appear on BLS tracker after purolator guy picked up?

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
can someone please advise how soon we need to apply for surrendering Indian Passport after getting Canadian passport?

can we travel on Canadian passport without surrendering the Indian Passport? (not travelling to India)

please advise

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
can someone please advise how soon we need to apply for surrendering Indian Passport after getting Canadian passport?

can we travel on Canadian passport without surrendering the Indian Passport? (not travelling to India)

please advise
Yes you can travel anywhere with Canadian passport and without surrounding Indian passport... even you can travel to India by getting Indian evisa on your Canadian passport..

But once you decide to get OCI for india them you need to surrender Indian passport first.. there is no penalty I think if you don't use your Indian passport to travel anywhere after getting canadian citizenship.. also I think after 3years if you surrender then you pay penalty of 10000rs if I remember fully..

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
SC walkin 21Nov BLS ottawa. Finally status on passport.gov website change to SC printed since yesterday. I have opted for pickup. any idea how long it takes to be ready for pickup. Will we get some SMS or email that you can come for pickup.? I opted for that paging service some 6$ so i assume that will atleast send 1 message for that 6$ to intimate same. Quite costly SMS though :)