+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

javish

Jan 3, 2024
I just called this number. They give me the payment link but looks suspicious.

There are 2 columns one says sending postal to BLS and second one photo 2 service. When I asked him, he was saying it's system glitch. But total cost for 1 way is $60 and they cannot do both ways. I need to again call them for return service as well. I'm pretty much sure that charges are $40 only but in link it says postal plus they charging photo service which adds up to $60. Soon I'm going to india so I'm in no rush to do surrender.
While calling BLS, did you select the right option for label and not the one with label and photo service?

Asking coz I called the same number today and paid 84 for both sides with no photo service.

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Anyone who sent their surrendar application by post and reached to Brampton BLS on 4th Jan and hasn't been any acknowledged on tracker?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
While calling BLS, did you select the right option for label and not the one with label and photo service?

Asking coz I called the same number today and paid 84 for both sides with no photo service.
Wow.. what no did you call and what options did you select..

gargeedesai

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
I recently used the generate payment link option and I was able to pay for the shipping labels. And it doesn’t charge extra. First click on generate payment link button on top right, then enter your passport number. Then it will take you to the payment option. Once you pay for the ship to BLS, you can do a second transaction using the same link to create Deliver to home label. Paid $84 in total.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
On passport portal you should see this-
Surrender Certificate Submitted
Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate
Surrender certificate has been printed.

One you see printed message you should start checking BLS Portal for-
In Transit from High Commission to BLS Centre
Ready for Collection/Dispatch
Thanks, My status is currently showing up as Surrender certificate has been printed. Can you please help me how long it takes from there to get the BLS updated. I m hoping it to be quick bcoz Consulate is going to send it to BLS & from there it is ready to dispatch.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I recently used the generate payment link option and I was able to pay for the shipping labels. And it doesn’t charge extra. First click on generate payment link button on top right, then enter your passport number. Then it will take you to the payment option. Once you pay for the ship to BLS, you can do a second transaction using the same link to create Deliver to home label. Paid $84 in total.
How can they have your passport no if you never submitted anything till now?

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Does anybody know if new Missisuaga BLS location accepts passport surrender applications also?
They must be operational as they are giving appointments at the Mississauga location per BLS booking site. I am trying to book one and let you know

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
|Just called them, yes its operational and she said to arrive 5 mins prior to appointment with exact cash or Debit card for SC

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks, My status is currently showing up as Surrender certificate has been printed. Can you please help me how long it takes from there to get the BLS updated. I m hoping it to be quick bcoz Consulate is going to send it to BLS & from there it is ready to dispatch.
Normally 3-5 days.