+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Sorry for late reply. No, I wasn't, I was able to submit my minor child's application but they didn't accept my wife's application saying that adults have to be present for their application.(Brampton Location)
Hi,

What should we do for finger print and signatures on minor application form?

Thanks,

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
I applied for SC on 24th nov. walkin in Ottawa BLS. Till now its under review at embassy. Any estimate how long it takes for Ottawa applications.

Jinva1585

Jan 12, 2021
Hello,

I had applied via post for Surrender certificate with my wife. My wife got the acknowledgment next day and it’s been 4 days I have not received. Should I call them and see what happened or wait?

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Jurisdiction: Toronto

Submitted mailed application to BLS Brampton

My SC status on Govt. Website is stuck on "Surrender Certificate has been printed" since Monday (12/18/2023). But today (12/22/2023) status on BLS website got update to "Ready for Dispatch".

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

My SC status on Govt. Website is stuck on "Surrender Certificate has been printed" since Monday (12/18/2023). But today (12/22/2023) status on BLS website got update to "Ready for Dispatch".
Thats not stuck. That is the last message on Govt Website and on BLS Site. You should receive SC from Purolator soon.

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Question: I have applied for OCI and it is in process where I have mentioned my spouse is an Indian citizen as that was the case at the time of application. Now as of today, she obtained Canadian citizenship. Now if I apply for surrender application for my spouse today will that be an issue for OCI application which is in process?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

kal milega naa tension nahin lene kaa...
Search purolator website and enter either your passport# or SC Application# (22-2xxxxxxx) in tracking and search

Reactions: mk9353

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Question: I have applied for OCI and it is in process where I have mentioned my spouse is an Indian citizen as that was the case at the time of application. Now as of today, she obtained Canadian citizenship. Now if I apply for surrender application for my spouse today will that be an issue for OCI application which is in process?
Naa itna nahin sochte Nishant babu...
At the time of you applying, you mentioned the status which was valid on that day.

Last edited:

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
Can someone please advise
if we have to apply for passport after getting the certificate or can I travel on my Indian Passport and apply Canadian passport from a different country.
Do we have to surrender the Indian passport as we get the citizenship certificate.