+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Nov 11, 2023
so purolator returned my surrender certificate back to brampton center since I was not at home for the entire hold duration. does anybody have experience with this scenario? do I have to make an appointment or can I go directly to the brampton office to retrieve it?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
so purolator returned my surrender certificate back to brampton center since I was not at home for the entire hold duration. does anybody have experience with this scenario? do I have to make an appointment or can I go directly to the brampton office to retrieve it?
3-4.30 pm is normally the pickup time and you can go and pickup without appointment. Just need receipt and a ID card.

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
@forw.jane Do you know if Anyone recently submitted their application at BLS Ottawa? Is the situation still the same? Do we have to go there early morning? I am planning to go there next week to apply for entry visa

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@forw.jane Do you know if Anyone recently submitted their application at BLS Ottawa? Is the situation still the same? Do we have to go there early morning? I am planning to go there next week to apply for entry visa
Hey why are you struggling with entry visa . Apply for Evisa which is same thing. It takes 2-24 hours to get approved and you don’t need surrender certificate to apply.

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hey why are you struggling with entry visa . Apply for Evisa which is same thing. It takes 2-24 hours to get approved and you don’t need surrender certificate to apply.
Will be staying in India for indefinite period, and with Evisa wont be able to apply for OCI in India

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Haven't seen any latest Ottawa situation shared in the group. No sharing would mean no issues and things are back to normal. With e-visa I doubt people are worried and are chilling.

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
My spouse and I applied surrender certificate in Brampton on 22nd Nov.
She received her certificate 2 weeks back while I am still waiting (status: processing at consulate).

Any idea what can be done ?