+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I put all my 4 applications in one A4 size envelope, which again Purolator guy put in the envelope he brought. The application forms need to be separately clipped/ pinned with respective documents as per checklist.
Did you pay for purolator through bls or on your own?

Accordingly, did you pay one charge for return also or separate charges from return courier?

Thanks again.

gir_8

Nov 23, 2014

Accordingly, did you pay one charge for return also or separate charges from return courier?

Thanks again.
Through BLS and ask them to remove all the extra services that you don't need. BLS is acting as a sales and marketing agent for Purolator. Check the amount before you pay and only for pick up (and drop off if you want)

Reactions: desmat

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Hello All - I have a unique scenario - i got married a couple of years ago and never updated my passport with the name of my spouse , should i select single for the marital status question on the surrender form to avoid any questions/concerns? If it helps, we are not submitting applications together as she has not yet acquired Canadian citizenship.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All - I have a unique scenario - i got married a couple of years ago and never updated my passport with the name of my spouse , should i select single for the marital status question on the surrender form to avoid any questions/concerns? If it helps, we are not submitting applications together as she has not yet acquired Canadian citizenship.
Will be a problem with your OCI as spouse name gets printed on the booklet. Many couples go together for immigration and officer might ask in future why spouse name is not there in OCI.

Better to go with the truth then hide it. Max they will need your marriage certificate.

Reactions: yash91pathak

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thank you.

Will I need a Canadian passport to apply or can I apply with a confirmation that I’ve applied for my Canadian passport?
It depends on the BLS. Some do accept, many don't. Read last about Ottawa accepting. You have to take printout of the FAQ page and be ready for a fight. Best in my opinion is to get one and then apply for SC as you get the Canadian passport quickly these days.

Reactions: SithLord

iWish2

Feb 18, 2020

Thanks again.
Paid through BLS only. I chose pick and drop service from BLS website.

Reactions: desmat

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Pathak G ye sab gadbad mat karo
Does not matter that you never updated the passport with your spouse name.
You should declare that.
SC they do not require a lot of details
But like @forw.jane mentioned this will be required at the time of OCI.
Marriage certificate is another document you can use (ref checklists)

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I am booking pickup and drop off service separately, so inside envelope just a Draft in the name of BLS for $129.40

Right?

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
You should declare that.
Be true with your marital status to save yourself from a big trouble.

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
You should declare that.
Thank you very much, I do agree with the suggestion :)