+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
parents should attest supporting documents.
Minor's thumb impression on the application form only..

Imagine if you make the minor put thumb impression on each page, so you will need to get him/her unlimited ice creams/chocolates for such efforts :)
I thought so but with BLS I tend to be over cautious :)

one more Q, do parents needs to sign below kids thumb impression on the application form?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I thought so but with BLS I tend to be over cautious :)

one more Q, do parents needs to sign below kids thumb impression on the application form?
do not think so, but I could be wrong
If you are submitting in person, do not sign below their thumb impression, BLS may or may not ask you to sign on the pages accordingly.

gir_8

Nov 23, 2014
Hi everyone.

We just got our citizenship and Canadian Passports in November/ December. I was wondering if we can get E-Visa and surrender Indian Passports in India itself? We have travel plans shortly around January 2024-end. I saw some posts in this thread, but just want to confirm.

(1) Do they ask or need Surrender Certificate while getting E-Visa OR at the port of entry in India?
(2) Having citizenship already, is it okay to travel with Indian PP (but of course on Canadian PP and E-Visa) without surrendering them in Canada ?

Appreciate if someone has already gone through this.

Thanks!

Mo_mad

Sep 5, 2023
Hey Folks thanks for sharing the information,
Since BLS has such steep prices for courier (let alone other fees), I was wondering if I can send the application for the surrender for both myself and spouse in the same courier? or do I need to send separate couriers? I see that the drop down for the form for sending courier has only 1 option for 1 applicant.

This seems like a scam to me, as its just courier and not actual application, which is inside the courier.
BLS should be able to track more than 1 passport though 1 tracking.

gir_8

Nov 23, 2014
Hey Folks thanks for sharing the information,
Since BLS has such steep prices for courier (let alone other fees), I was wondering if I can send the application for the surrender for both myself and spouse in the same courier? or do I need to send separate couriers? I see that the drop down for the form for sending courier has only 1 option for 1 applicant.

This seems like a scam to me, as its just courier and not actual application, which is inside the courier.
BLS should be able to track more than 1 passport though 1 tracking.
I checked with them and they said yes you can send multiple applications together but as they are processed separately, they would be delivered in separate couriers. I did similar for two passport renewal. Call them once to confirm.

iWish2

Feb 18, 2020
I checked with them and they said yes you can send multiple applications together but as they are processed separately, they would be delivered in separate couriers. I did similar for two passport renewal. Call them once to confirm.
I sent entire family applications in 1 single courier recently and they were accepted by BLS.

Reactions: desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone.

We just got our citizenship and Canadian Passports in November/ December. I was wondering if we can get E-Visa and surrender Indian Passports in India itself? We have travel plans shortly around January 2024-end. I saw some posts in this thread, but just want to confirm.

(1) Do they ask or need Surrender Certificate while getting E-Visa OR at the port of entry in India?
(2) Having citizenship already, is it okay to travel with Indian PP (but of course on Canadian PP and E-Visa) without surrendering them in Canada ?

Appreciate if someone has already gone through this.

Thanks!
1. No they dont
2. Yes. You can surrender it in India if you want. Based on experience shared on the forum it's a one day activity and charge is Rs.500

Reactions: gir_8

gir_8

Nov 23, 2014
How Did you mention that there were multiple applications ..did you include multiple envelopes inside single outer envelope?
I put all my 4 applications in one A4 size envelope, which again Purolator guy put in the envelope he brought. The application forms need to be separately clipped/ pinned with respective documents as per checklist.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
How many months is one allowed to hold Indian citizenship before applying for surrender certificate? My passport is expiring in July and my citizenship application is still in progress.

wondering if I should renew my passport or let it expire and eventually have it surrendered.

iWish2

Feb 18, 2020
How Did you mention that there were multiple applications ..did you include multiple envelopes inside single outer envelope?
I put all 3 applications and relevant documents (arranged and stapled separately as per checklist) in 1 big Purolator envelope (I went to Purolator and got for free from them). Next day, Purolator came and picked it up from my place. You can skip going to Purolator for envelope as they will anyhow do it themselves. I did because I was in the nearby area of Purolator for some other work.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
How many months is one allowed to hold Indian citizenship before applying for surrender certificate? My passport is expiring in July and my citizenship application is still in progress.

wondering if I should renew my passport or let it expire and eventually have it surrendered.
3 yrs is without penalty.

Reactions: SithLord

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I put all 3 applications and relevant documents (arranged and stapled separately as per checklist) in 1 big Purolator envelope (I went to Purolator and got for free from them). Next day, Purolator came and picked it up from my place. You can skip going to Purolator for envelope as they will anyhow do it themselves. I did because I was in the nearby area of Purolator for some other work.did
Did you pay for purolator through bls or on your own?

Accordingly, did you pay one charge for return also or separate charges from return courier?

Thanks again.