+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Hope187

May 18, 2021
Hi,

I just received my Canadian Passport and planning to apply for my Surrender certificate application through Mail.

I had a question, if the Canadian present address get printed on the SC we receive?

Confirming this because my present address will be changed in the next 2 months and by the time I apply for OCI it will be a different one than in SC. Will that be a problem?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I just received my Canadian Passport and planning to apply for my Surrender certificate application through Mail.

I had a question, if the Canadian present address get printed on the SC we receive?

Confirming this because my present address will be changed in the next 2 months and by the time I apply for OCI it will be a different one than in SC. Will that be a problem?
SC is a letter without address and a cancelled stamp on your Indian passport. OCI is a booklet with passport which will have address.

Reactions: Hope187 and desmat

Rkjain1286

Jul 31, 2019
Hi All. Can I apply for surrender certificate by attaching receipt for application of Canadian passport as I am still awaiting my Canadian Passport. I would be visiting the BLS centre for surrender certificate application.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All. Can I apply for surrender certificate by attaching receipt for application of Canadian passport as I am still awaiting my Canadian Passport. I would be visiting the BLS centre for surrender certificate application.
Some BLS center accepts it, some don't. You have to give it a try. It may or may not work.