+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have just received my canadian citizenship certificate back by mail ( Passport application).
My question is for applying surrender certificate , can I pay cash on counter or like OCI do I have to make a demand draft and if so under what name.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
You can do cash or pay by debit card. If paying by cash carry the exact amount.

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
We have applied for Canadian passport for myself and my wife and will be ready for pickup on Nov 27th. Now the next step would be to surrender our Indian passports. I called BLS and they confirmed we need not wait for our Canadian passports if we are surrendering our passports in Ottawa. Can anyone confirm?
We both have to visit BLS or i can go with both the applications? Does anybody know how’s the lineup at BLS ottawa?

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
We have applied for Canadian passport for myself and my wife and will be ready for pickup on Nov 27th. Now the next step would be to surrender our Indian passports. I called BLS and they confirmed we need not wait for our Canadian passports if we are surrendering our passports in Ottawa. Can anyone confirm?
We both have to visit BLS or i can go with both the applications? Does anybody know how’s the lineup at BLS ottawa?

Thanks
For Ottawa it works based on confirmation we received in this forum. 8-9 am they don't have any appointments so quickly they start processing walkin. Better be there by 6.30 am would be my recommendation.

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
For Ottawa it works based on confirmation we received in this forum. 8-9 am they don't have any appointments so quickly they start processing walkin. Better be there by 6.30 am would be my recommendation.
Thank you for responding. Do we both have to be present there for submission of applications?

mm1901

Oct 7, 2023
Have anyone applied recently for Surrender Certificate and is there any thread to track the application timeline?