+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Remin_123

Oct 18, 2023
I sent my application via Purolator on October 31st, 2023 and it was received by BLS on November 1st, 2023. Any one similar timelines

Surrey BLS , and Vancouver

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hi everyone, I am sending my application by post today for a surrender certificate (Toronto). It looks like they want me to include my original Canadian passport with the application? Is this right? Can someone pls confirm? I have included attested copies, do I really need to submit the original too?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I am sending my application by post today for a surrender certificate (Toronto). It looks like they want me to include my original Canadian passport with the application? Is this right? Can someone pls confirm? I have included attested copies, do I really need to submit the original too?
Submit your original Indian passport as it has to be cancelled. No need for Canadian one. Only self attested is enough.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Submit your original Indian passport as it has to be cancelled. No need for Canadian one. Only self attested is enough.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate the quick response!

Raptors31

Aug 9, 2020
Hi, I booked one appointment in Bls Brampton to submit SC application for me and my spouse, anyone know whether the security will allow two adults to enter with one appointment confirmation?

Reactions: desmat

Remin_123

Oct 18, 2023
Hi @forw.jane

OCI application - POSTAL APPLICATION

For postal application do we need to take 2 DD's :

C$ 345 The Consulate General of India, Toronto
C$ 7.4 BLS International Services Canada Inc

OR

ONE single DD on " BLS International Services Canada Inc" - $ 352.40

Please can any one help

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi @forw.jane

OCI application - POSTAL APPLICATION

For postal application do we need to take 2 DD's :

C$ 345 The Consulate General of India, Toronto
C$ 7.4 BLS International Services Canada Inc

OR

ONE single DD on " BLS International Services Canada Inc" - $ 352.40

Please can any one help
Separate as per the BLS page -
Postal Applications:
Two separate payments required of OCI application as per the direction of CGI.
Draft or money order in favor of "Consulate General of India – Toronto"
(Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + ICWF Charge only).
In favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via
Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.

Remin_123

Oct 18, 2023
Separate as per the BLS page -
Postal Applications:
Two separate payments required of OCI application as per the direction of CGI.
Draft or money order in favor of "Consulate General of India – Toronto"
(Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + ICWF Charge only).
In favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via
Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
Thank you @forw.jane

asingh7201

Sep 7, 2016
I have just received my canadian citizenship certificate back by mail ( Passport application).
My question is for applying surrender certificate , can I pay cash on counter or like OCI do I have to make a demand draft and if so under what name.
Any help would be greatly appreciated