+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,
While filling OCI application:
1. Who all we have to include in section which asks "if anyone in family has applied OCI in family"?
I have mentioned my daughter who has OCI
Do I need to mention my sister and her family OCI also?

2. Section which asks for family, who all we have to mention?

Thanks!
1. daughter is enough
2. Parents

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
1. daughter is enough
2. Parents
Thank you! this is helpful

I just want to confirm another thing if I may ask:
- There is exhaustive list of documents to be uploaded, but I have to upload only those applicable to me?
For e.g. I am Indian citizen by birth and have SC of Indian passport, I don't have to upload Indian Visa copy or PIO, I would assume.
Thank you!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: dm31810

kellyCB

Feb 8, 2023
Hey folks, I sent my application to BLS Brampton by Purolator on Oct 31st. It was delivered on Nov 1. However, it's been 2 weeks and there's no status whatsoever on BLS tracker regarding my application. Is this normal? Has anyone else applied by post after Oct 31st to Brampton and got acknowledgement?

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Hey folks, I sent my application to BLS Brampton by Purolator on Oct 31st. It was delivered on Nov 1. However, it's been 2 weeks and there's no status whatsoever on BLS tracker regarding my application. Is this normal? Has anyone else applied by post after Oct 31st to Brampton and got acknowledgement?
I have the exact same timelines like yours and I sent my application to BLS Brampton too. My Status on BLS shows as "Processing at Consulate General" today and on the Passport Seva Site it shows as "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate."

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
I have the exact same timelines like yours and I sent my application to BLS Brampton too. My Status on BLS shows as "Processing at Consulate General" today and on the Passport Seva Site it shows as "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate."
When did you submit your application? I am in the same situation I submitted on 1st Nov no update yet and BLS tracker says processing at Consulate general

Amrinder Singh1986

Aug 9, 2017
-With the same login on Passport Seva website: https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html you can create multiple applications for family members
-Yes you can
-Do not send Canadian passport. Only include the self attested copy. But you need to send original Indian passport (and self attested copy) along with your application
Thanks for the answers,

1) While making DD in favour of BLS for surrender certificate - Can i be the purchaser for me and my wife ( ofcource 2 separate DDs) or my wife needs to get her own DD from her bank account, so that her name is there as purchaser ?
2) Do we have to add name of applicant or just ARN number on the DD ?

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the answers,

1) While making DD in favour of BLS for surrender certificate - Can i be the purchaser for me and my wife ( ofcource 2 separate DDs) or my wife needs to get her own DD from her bank account, so that her name is there as purchaser ?
2) Do we have to add name of applicant or just ARN number on the DD ?
1) You can be purchaser for both
2) Don't think there is any requirement to do any of that.

Reactions: Amrinder Singh1986

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
When did you submit your application? I am in the same situation I submitted on 1st Nov no update yet and BLS tracker says processing at Consulate general
I sent my application via Purolator on October 31st, 2023 and it was received by BLS on November 1st, 2023.

kellyCB

Feb 8, 2023
Yes I do see my application on BLS tracker. Put in the exact Application number with any “-“ in case there are any
Mine was postal application so there's no section for Application Number; and passport number shows an old (different) application from 1 year ago but nothing about the latest application.