+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Indian Passport Surrender Application

Walk-in application - Toronto
Date - 6th Sep, 2023
BLS Tracker update - Processing at Consulate General (8th Sep, 2023)
BLS Tracker update - In transit from Consulate General to BLS (18th Sep, 2023)

Will keep everyone posted on my timeline.

p.s.: I couldn't check my status in the Passport Seva website as BLS edited my application and gave a new tracking number.

Date - 6th Sep, 2023
BLS Tracker update - Ready for Dispatch (19th Sep, 2023 morning)
BLS Tracker update - Dispatched via Purolator courier (19th Sep, 2023 11.30am)

p.s.: I couldn't check my status in the Passport Seva website as BLS edited my application and gave a new tracking number.

Last edited:

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am about to submit my PS application, I was reading the old post but couldn't find a definite answer on whether we need to submit Original Canadian passport as well along with the application? I have not received my Canadian passport yet but wanted to check if I can still surrender my Indian passport?

On the checklist it mentions to submit both original and a copy of Foreign passport, I see some of you applied without one, how did it go? Do we have to write a letter mentioning we don't have the foreign passport yet?

Also, Can I walk in at BLS Brampton without appt? How long will it take? Or sending via mail is more preferred?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

TIA.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am about to submit my PS application, I was reading the old post but couldn't find a definite answer on whether we need to submit Original Canadian passport as well along with the application? I have not received my Canadian passport yet but wanted to check if I can still surrender my Indian passport?

On the checklist it mentions to submit both original and a copy of Foreign passport, I see some of you applied without one, how did it go? Do we have to write a letter mentioning we don't have the foreign passport yet?

Also, Can I walk in at BLS Brampton without appt? How long will it take? Or sending via mail is more preferred?

TIA.
Original Canadian Passport is not to be submitted. For in-person they check it and give it back. Not sure if it still works but BLS Ottawa does not accept surrender application without Canadian Passport.

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Hi Guys,

TIA.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-passport-surrender.771938/post-10608585

Reactions: MAIL2SUNDAREEE

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
My application was updated to "SC has been printed" on 14th Sep and has been the same since then - any idea how many days before they dispatch to BLS? Could the recent India-Canada spat be the reason behind the delay?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: krishere1982

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
May application was updated to "SC has been printed" on 14th Sep and has been the same since then - any idea how many days before they dispatch to BLS? Could the recent India-Canada spat be the reason behind the delay?
Could be a factor if they stopped work internally. Also from Monday there is going to be consulate shutdown protest too.

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Hi All,

I have passport surrender appointment in next week for me and my kids. Do the kids have to be present in the office with me or I can submit on their behalf in their absence?

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada

Date - 6th Sep, 2023

Date - 6th Sep, 2023
Surrender certificate received - 20th Sep, 2023.

The process took exactly 2 weeks. Thanks everyone!

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Hi All,

I have passport surrender appointment in next week for me and my kids. Do the kids have to be present in the office with me or I can submit on their behalf in their absence?
They will create issues like the picture is not right, need to retake to suck some extra money out of you.

So, I would strongly recommend you to take them with you.

Reactions: anigdikar

Pkg123

Aug 18, 2022

Date - 6th Sep, 2023

Hi, can you confirm how did you pay your fees?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My application was updated to "SC has been printed" on 14th Sep and has been the same since then - any idea how many days before they dispatch to BLS? Could the recent India-Canada spat be the reason behind the delay?
Mine also has been in the same status since the last 3 days. When did your application reach BLS?

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022

Date - 6th Sep, 2023
Surrender certificate received - 20th Sep, 2023.

The process took exactly 2 weeks. Thanks everyone!
Did you have to take appointment for the Toronto BLS? I dont see any available days for appointment in September and October for BLS Toronto location.

Last edited:

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Naa dont send any originals
Incase of name changes on the Indian passport in my opinion you do not need an affidavit. Because the last held Indian passport would be be same as on the Canadian passport. If info on the Indian passport differs vs Canadian one e.g. name, PoB etc. then affidavit is required.
Hi Abbas,
What if the Indian Passport has only Given Name and in the Canadian Passport the Name has been split correctly into Given Name and Surname ?
Thanks