+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Well, I submitted my Surrender Certificate application at BLS Ottawa without Canadian Passport and they accepted it. I just mentioned that I will apply for Canadian Passport in future. It is under processing at High Commission since June 30th.
strange but good for you. Looks like each rep has different view of application.
I was not in mood of arguing over something which I have to do anyways and getting passport nowadays takes less than 10 days.

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
When & how do we get Purolator tracking for sc? I submitted on 8th July in person and current status is processing at consulate.

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
How slow is Ottawa High Commission? I submitted my application on June 30th. It's still showing under review at the High Commission of India. Any similar timeframe anyone else has?

Reactions: bulls23

manpreet2567

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
The same status which I posted since I took the status from the Passport Seva website only (not the actual words).
On BLS, the status says "Processing at High Commission" since a day after I submitted the application.
Hi how can we check the status , what info we need to put inthere to track?
Thanks

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi, question regarding surrender certificate. It says I need to also submit my original Canadian passport? Is that really the case as I have an upcoming travel plans for which I will need my passport. Given how long surrender certificates are taking I am unable to give them my Canadian passport.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, question regarding surrender certificate. It says I need to also submit my original Canadian passport? Is that really the case as I have an upcoming travel plans for which I will need my passport. Given how long surrender certificates are taking I am unable to give them my Canadian passport.
No you don’t need to submit original Canadian passport
It has been mentioned so many times on this thread
When you apply for SC carry all originals of the supporting documents you will submit the self attested copy of
They will take the Indian passport (original) and give it back you (with a cancellation stamp on it) along with the SC after 2-3 weeks of processing

Reactions: golakersri23

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
The same status which I posted since I took the status from the Passport Seva website only (not the actual words).
On BLS, the status says "Processing at High Commission" since a day after I submitted the application.
Passport Seva website has to say that SC has been printed only after few days from their it will change the status on BLS that SC ready for collection or dispatch

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
How slow is Ottawa High Commission? I submitted my application on June 30th. It's still showing under review at the High Commission of India. Any similar timeframe anyone else has?
did you read my earlier posts? It takes 2-3 weeks for SC ready at OTT HCI from date of receipt. The lady at counter said that sometimes it takes 3-4 weeks depending on case by case so you should hear something soon.

Keep in mind that there were couple of holiday in first week of July.

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Yes. I submitted on 4th July at BLS MTL and its still says "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate".