App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
Ottawa appear to be a lot slower than Toronto. It's been 2 weeks and the surrender certificate is still under review at the consulate.
:oops: I would have expected Embassy to be faster than Consulates!!!

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Is it mandatory to send in my Canadian passport while surrendering my Indian passport? I see in the checklist that it says I am required to but I have travel plans in the next couple of weeks and I don't want to be in a position where I do not have my Canadian passport.

Reactions: papan5069

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Is it mandatory to send in my Canadian passport while surrendering my Indian passport? I see in the checklist that it says I am required to but I have travel plans in the next couple of weeks and I don't want to be in a position where I do not have my Canadian passport.
Nahin bhai.. Canadian passport ki copy
but make sure include the Indian passport(original) along with the required supporting documents

I wonder Canadian passport haath main aate he sab logon ko ghumne/phirne kaa keeda kyun kaatne lagta hain :p :p

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hey,
If you submit surrender application with proof that you have applied for Canadian Passport with a letter of explanation, that will work too. My surrender certificate is printed at HCI.

and for you specific matter, yes copy of Canadian passport will work.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey,
If you submit surrender application with proof that you have applied for Canadian Passport with a letter of explanation, that will work too. My surrender certificate is printed at HCI.

and for you specific matter, yes copy of Canadian passport will work.
That LoE along with or without the passport application receipt is no longer accepted by BLS

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
BLS toronto?? Because mine is accepted (BLS surrey) and I submitted two weeks back. Certificate has been printed by HCI
From what I gather it is within the Toronto jurisdiction. Not sure if other BLS centers are doing the same or not.
Even BLS or CGI never clearly mentioned that

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
From what I gather it is within the Toronto jurisdiction. Not sure if other BLS centers are doing the same or not.
Even BLS or CGI never clearly mentioned that
Ottawa wants Canadian pp. I asked if letter stating "Canadian pp has been applied" is accepted in lieu of actual passport and they said No.

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Ottawa wants Canadian pp. I asked if letter stating "Canadian pp has been applied" is accepted in lieu of actual passport and they said No.
Well, I submitted my Surrender Certificate application at BLS Ottawa without Canadian Passport and they accepted it. I just mentioned that I will apply for Canadian Passport in future. It is under processing at High Commission since June 30th.