Indian passport surrender

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Submitted my application for passport surrender; here is the timeline:

21-Jun-2023: Postal application sent
23-Jun-2023: Received at BLS
28-Jun-2023: In Process
30-Jun-2023: Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

Awaiting next steps from here..
Update:

05-July-2023: Status on CGI website "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance"

grewalkamal

Jul 27, 2014
Hello,
I have a question about Indian passport surrender application. I changed my last name in Canada and new name is on Canadian passport. Now the question is, when I fill online surrender application, should I use my new last name or previous last name?

Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you
Kamal

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,
I have a question about Indian passport surrender application. I changed my last name in Canada and new name is on Canadian passport. Now the question is, when I fill online surrender application, should I use my new last name or previous last name?

Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you
Kamal
I could be wrong but I believe new last name as per the Canadian passport should be used but somewhere on the application form you have to mention that if you ever had a previous last name.
You may to include as part of the supporting documents the name change documents that was received by the provincial govt

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hello all
I have a question and might be a stupid question regarding the online application to surrender my passport so I created that online application on 30th June 2023 and was planning to submit it on Monday but some guest came to see me and I got busy and now I am planning to go on Tuesday 11th July so the question is do I need to create a new application or the old one will suffice with the package.
It will be a great help.
Thanks
Jas

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello all
I have a question and might be a stupid question regarding the online application to surrender my passport so I created that online application on 30th June 2023 and was planning to submit it on Monday but some guest came to see me and I got busy and now I am planning to go on Tuesday 11th July so the question is do I need to create a new application or the old one will suffice with the package.
It will be a great help.
Thanks
Jas
Old one should be good . No need to print or fill another form .

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello all
It will be a great help.
Thanks
Jas
I remember working on the surrender application 6 months before I even got my citizenship :D

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
I remember working on the surrender application 6 months before I even got my citizenship :D
Hi
Do I also have to provide a copy of Canadian passport because my Canadian passport is going to be ready for pick up on 17th of July and I am planning to submit my application on Monday so what do you suggest Mr pasha
Thanks
Jas

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi
Do I also have to provide a copy of Canadian passport because my Canadian passport is going to be ready for pick up on 17th of July and I am planning to submit my application on Monday so what do you suggest Mr pasha
Thanks
Jas
Arshad Wardi ne ishi din ke liye bola

Didn’t you follow the Surrender thread here Canadian Passport is required for surrender process ?

• Haha
Reactions: forw.jane

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Arshad Wardi ne ishi din ke liye bola

Didn’t you follow the Surrender thread here Canadian Passport is required for surrender process ?
Did I just make a mistake posting the question for you to make fun of me man and there are some other people here too asking questions and do you make fun of everyone and the point of this thread is to help people not to make fun of them