+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
I went to BLS Vancouver today to submit my surrender application. I had an appointment at 10:45 AM.

After reading all your horror stories I was expecting the worst but the process was so straightforward. No one else was ahead of me, they looked at my documents and asked me to pay the fee. No fuss over photos or anything. I didn't ask for pick up anyway because I can't take too much time off during the day for it.

They said I should get everything back by the end of May
Thank you for the info. This helps :)

Reactions: americanidiot

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
w
Are you sure? I went for a walk-in in March at BLS Toronto (Lawrence location); and when I got there, they had already told the people gathered that they don't accept Walk-Ins anymore and to go home. I waited there in -10 C for 2 hours, and the walk-in line never moved at all. :(
walk-ins are accepted but naturally as this is a surplus-time/appointment slots based facility, you have to reach there early on any day. expecting to be serviced by say walking-in at 2pm, is recipe for disappointment.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Thats fast. I submitted on March 9 (BLS Toronto) ,still it says "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"
i somehow never saw this stage on bls portal (and i was checking the status almost daily). for most time it said 'under processing at cgi', then 'in transit from cgi to bls' and then handed over to purolator. as for the passport seva portal, it said 'under process etc.' then 'ready for printing' then 'printed'

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi,

I recived 1 on 17th Apr. For other 2 tracking #'s are updated Today evewning so expecting to receive it by Tomorrow.

Thanks for asking. When you are planning to go and submit OCI ? is your applicationed filled and what other documnets we need in addition to checklist - Please confirm @2017CanadaHo! ?
good to see your others are also on the way.

i'll start (restart) my applications tonight. ingredients ready for OCI makhani, will start making the dish tonight n then serve in BLS masterchef.