+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

reCan

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Hello Guys, Do any of you know, how much time it takes at the BLS Brampton office for Surrender application when you have an appointment (not for walkin).

soniyakhan045

Jan 23, 2018
My timelines:

Application type: Post to BLS Brampton
Application posted: 29th Sep 2022
Application Delivered: 04th Oct 2022
Processing at Consulate General (BLS): 12th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: 20th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been printed: 21st Oct 2022
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (BLS): 31st Oct 2022
Ready for Dispatch (BLS): 1st Nov 2022
Did you send your application through Purolator ? Did you get the photos done by yourself or paid BLS for photography?

nibharad

Dec 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have applied for surrender certificate and it says that the certificate has been printed as per Passport Seva Website however BLS Tracking says the decision is pending at Consulate General. Does anyone know how long it takes for BLS to send the certificate?

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Any idea if we can send the surrender certificate for whole family together in one mail-in application or each applicant needs to be a separate envelope? I am sending application to Toronto jurisdiction.

nibharad

Dec 15, 2019
Any idea if we can send the surrender certificate for whole family together in one mail-in application or each applicant needs to be a separate envelope? I am sending application to Toronto jurisdiction.
my understanding is all mail-in applications are done via Purolator and they take 1 application per person. so if 4 people in family, its like 4 applications and $$$$ for them

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
my understanding is all mail-in applications are done via Purolator and they take 1 application per person. so if 4 people in family, its like 4 applications and $$$$ for them
I just called BLS Brampton center. The person told me you can either put individual application or put all family application(s) under one envelope with purolator and BLS center will take care of it at facility. They also mentioned I can create one draft for total family fees (its me and my spouse) OR create separate individual draft. Its up to us.

They also generated purolater label online (after I paid courier fees online). They will generate return label once my documents are all ready to ship back to me.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Anybody recently applied for surrender certificate from montreal? Please share your timelines.

I submitted on Nov 4 walkin application.

On BLS website the status changed to Processing at High Commission on 9th Nov.
But in the passport site the status is still "Surrender Certificate application form has been submitted. "

Any idea when I can see some progress?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
I just called BLS Brampton center. The person told me you can either put individual application or put all family application(s) under one envelope with purolator and BLS center will take care of it at facility. They also mentioned I can create one draft for total family fees (its me and my spouse) OR create separate individual draft. Its up to us.

They also generated purolater label online (after I paid courier fees online). They will generate return label once my documents are all ready to ship back to me.
i think while sending the shipment out, you can package one and send it out. Processing time for applications can be different and hence while getting the shipment back it will be individual envelopes......in my experience.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have applied for surrender certificate and it says that the certificate has been printed as per Passport Seva Website however BLS Tracking says the decision is pending at Consulate General. Does anyone know how long it takes for BLS to send the certificate?
Based on other posts in the forum, my guess is that it takes around a week to 10 days. I am in a similar boat.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
i think while sending the shipment out, you can package one and send it out. Processing time for applications can be different and hence while getting the shipment back it will be individual envelopes......in my experience.
Thats correct. Pretty much what BLS representative told me.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Anybody who applied for surrender certificate under ottawa jurisdiction recently?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
My passport surrender application status changed on BLS yesterday -
Application StatusPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

I sent my application by mail on Oct 27th and was delivered on Oct 28th.
How long will it take from here to complete the process?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hey---BLS website says "Ready for Collection" but the Passport website says - "Certificate Printed".....is this normal....which one is correct