+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

SST2023

Oct 27, 2022
in the BLS website for the Track application, which option do we choose for Application Type:
  • Passport
  • OCI
  • Visa
  • PIO
  • Consular
I assume it's Passport (for Surrender Certificate) but wanted to confirm because when I choose Passport, I still see a tracking from 2018 for my PCC application.
Hello! Did you mail out the application? can we track the application as soon as it is delivered by Purolator?

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Waiting for Purolator all day. So far no sign of them. Tracking still hasn’t gone to “in transit”.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi All---What is the overall timeline for passport surrender certificate from submissions to receipt of the certificate.

If passport is issued in Toronto is the timeline any different?

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
You don't need canadian passport for surrendering indian passports. You can Give a declaration mentioning that you are in the process of applying for canadian passport..
Oh is it? I looked at the Checklist and it says Canadian Passport (original) must be presented for in-person verification and a self-attested copy must be submitted with the surrender application. Is this no longer required?

BoxOfCrayon

Sep 8, 2022
How much time does it take to move from the 'Surrender certificate has been printed' to the next status? My application has not moved in a week.

My timelines:

Application type: Post to BLS Brampton
Application posted: 29th Sep 2022
Application Delivered: 04th Oct 2022
Processing at Consulate General: 12th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: 20th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been printed: 21st Oct 2022

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
How much time does it take to move from the 'Surrender certificate has been printed' to the next status? My application has not moved in a week.

My timelines:

Application type: Post to BLS Brampton
Application posted: 29th Sep 2022
Application Delivered: 04th Oct 2022
Processing at Consulate General: 12th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: 20th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been printed: 21st Oct 2022
check the BLS tracker?

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
received cancelled passports + surrender certificates 1 hour ago. OCI submission next.. contemplating if I should go tomorrow or a weekday to wait in line.
I received it too. I am planning a OCI walk-in tomorrow. If I don't do so, I will be unable to go until Wednesday and I have travel plans in Dec. It's also better to get tired during a weekend rather than middle of the week.

Reactions: PMV