Indian passport surrender

nivek

Feb 24, 2017
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
just checked. Shows in transit from consulate to BLS. Check your tracker on BLS website
in the BLS website for the Track application, which option do we choose for Application Type:
  • Passport
  • OCI
  • Visa
  • PIO
  • Consular
I assume it's Passport (for Surrender Certificate) but wanted to confirm because when I choose Passport, I still see a tracking from 2018 for my PCC application.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
in the BLS website for the Track application, which option do we choose for Application Type:
  • Passport
  • OCI
  • Visa
  • PIO
  • Consular
I assume it's Passport (for Surrender Certificate) but wanted to confirm because when I choose Passport, I still see a tracking from 2018 for my PCC application.
"Passport"

Reactions: nivek

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
just checked. Shows in transit from consulate to BLS. Check your tracker on BLS website
Thank you, BLS tracker now shows "in transit..." but consular status is still "...been printed". I am planning to collect it in person as they make take another few days to courier it. Is it possible to collect in person and if yes, what ID proof do they need and from which location (40 or 60 Gilligham) should I collect?

Reactions: PMV

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Thank you, BLS tracker now shows "in transit..." but consular status is still "...been printed". I am planning to collect it in person as they make take another few days to courier it. Is it possible to collect in person and if yes, what ID proof do they need and from which location (40 or 60 Gilligham) should I collect?
i have no idea about pick up because I signed up for it to be couriered to me.

The F7

Jul 16, 2022
Hi Can anyone tell me any tips and tricks to surrender a passport by walk-in in Toronto? Thanks.

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi Can anyone tell me any tips and tricks to surrender a passport by walk-in in Toronto? Thanks.
Can only suggest to go in early. I had visited on Sat, 21st Oct at 7:30am and there were 60-odd people ahead of me. I left and I am planning to visit some other day. People in the queue usually add a number on a list (a simple A4 sheet where everyone just adds their name to), but I do not think BLS follows that. They just call in people as they are standing in the queue.

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
My spouse and I have received Canadian passports but my kids Canadian passports have not come yet. I've basically got two options now:

Option 1: Wait for kids Canadian passports before applying for Indian Passport surrender for all of us
Option 2: Apply for Indian passport surrender for my spouse and I right away. For kids, I can apply later whenever their Canadian Passport comes.

Can someone advise what Option you would suggest and reasons for the same? Thanks in advance.

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
My spouse and I have received Canadian passports but my kids Canadian passports have not come yet. I've basically got two options now:

Option 1: Wait for kids Canadian passports before applying for Indian Passport surrender for all of us
Option 2: Apply for Indian passport surrender for my spouse and I right away. For kids, I can apply later whenever their Canadian Passport comes.

Can someone advise what Option you would suggest and reasons for the same? Thanks in advance.
You don't need canadian passport for surrendering indian passports. You can Give a declaration mentioning that you are in the process of applying for canadian passport..

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
You don't need canadian passport for surrendering indian passports. You can Give a declaration mentioning that you are in the process of applying for canadian passport..
How can we submit that declaration? Could you please advise? Any link or any draft to submit?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi all,

Heres my timeline:

Surrender applications submitted for me and my partner: October 3 at BLS Brampton (walk-in)

Status changed to under review that week.

Status changes to surrender certificate granted and available for issuance on October 14.

Status changes to Surrender certificate printed, on October 17.

Any idea when can I expect the certificate and cancelled Indian passport to be delivered to me??

Thanks
how long to wait time for walk in deposit application please reply

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Update: surrender certificate arriving tomorrow.

Total time between submission to receiving: 3 weeks

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
How can we submit that declaration? Could you please advise? Any link or any draft to submit?
Just write a letter with a couple of sentences stating the same. If you have applied for a passport and have a receipt, enclose a copy of the receipt with the application and mention that in the letter.