+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
but the problem with eVisa is that we can stay only for 30days or so i guess. correct me if i m wrong
Not really true. If you check the link shared by @abbas.pasha you have multiple options(1 yr, 5 yr) -
e-Tourist Visa
  • 1. One Month e-Tourist Visa
    For group tourist from oct 15 2021 and for individual tourist from nov 15 2021 Duration:
    One Month (30 Days).
    Entries:
    Double Entry, non-extendable and non-convertible
  • 2. One year e-Tourist Visa
    Duration:
    One year (365 Days) from the date of grant of ETA.
    Entries:
    Multiple
  • 3. Five years e-Tourist Visa
    Duration:
    Five years from the date of grant of ETA.
    Entries:
    Multiple
  • Stay:
    Maximum stay in India during one Calender Year should not exceed 180 days for 1 year and 5 year Tourist Visa.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha Help sir please ..... ..
Like i said in my earlier post just click photo (using your phone), of the passport photograph, use standard tools like Paint on your computer to just crop the edges and upload on the OCI portal
The OCI portal will let you know if the size/pixel are ok and you can also crop the image further on the OCI image upload website.
This is what I did...

Last edited:
Reactions: sumitbajaj07

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like i said in my earlier post just click photo (using your phone), of the passport photograph, use standard tools like Paint on your computer to just crop the edges and upload on the OCI portal
The OCI portal will let you know if the size/pixel are ok and you can also crop the image further on the OCI image upload website.
This is what I did...
Ok thanks.

couple of more questions -

1) Under uploading documents - We just need to upload only one of those documents from that list right ?
for eg for minor - I can either uploaded current passport or previous passport ? as I don't have any other doc for kid
and for adults, I have passport copy and 1 employment letter in my case. and no employment letter for spouse.
2) My little son already had OCI which I applied 7 years back in New York/USA. Should I mmention his OCI detaisl for all of our 3 applications ? Or I can skip that ? If I have to mention I don't remember date of apply as it's asking. I only see date of issue in his old OCI booklet issued to him in 2016.

please confirm

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Ok thanks.

couple of more questions -

1) Under uploading documents - We just need to upload only one of those documents from that list right ?
for eg for minor - I can either uploaded current passport or previous passport ? as I don't have any other doc for kid
and for adults, I have passport copy and 1 employment letter in my case. and no employment letter for spouse.
2) My little son already had OCI which I applied 7 years back in New York/USA. Should I mmention his OCI detaisl for all of our 3 applications ? Or I can skip that ? If I have to mention I don't remember date of apply as it's asking. I only see date of issue in his old OCI booklet issued to him in 2016.

please confirm
First you are asking the question in the wrong thread... you should graduate to OCI thread :p:p
Minors ke liye you should include Minor's and Parent's documents in one pdf. To reduce the size of this pdf you can use online tools such as (https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf) (if required)

These are the categories we selected and the documents we uploaded..

1) CURRENT PASSPORT
  • Canadian Passports
  • Canadian Citizenship Certificates
2) EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER of parents (its not necessary but we did that)
3) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE of parents (not required since spouse names are on each others and minor's passpor)
4) PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF
  • Cancelled Indian Passports
  • Surrender Certificates
For your son who has OCI issued previously i presume on a US passport... why do you need to get a new OCI on Canadian passport?
Follow this discussion: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10432440

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First you are asking the question in the wrong thread... you should graduate to OCI thread :p:p
Minors ke liye you should include Minor's and Parent's documents in one pdf. To reduce the size of this pdf you can use online tools such as (https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf) (if required)

These are the categories we selected and the documents we uploaded..

1) CURRENT PASSPORT
  • Canadian Passports
  • Canadian Citizenship Certificates
2) EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER of parents (its not necessary but we did that)
3) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE of parents (not required since spouse names are on each others and minor's passpor)
4) PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF
  • Cancelled Indian Passports
  • Surrender Certificates
For your son who has OCI issued previously i presume on a US passport... why do you need to get a new OCI on Canadian passport?
Follow this discussion: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10432440

sorry for asking in this thread and thanks for reply. :)

The reason I was asking the question for the son who has OCI issues in USA , Because while filling our applications now, It has a question if anyone in family has a OCI already (Yes/No ?). So my question was related to this - Shall I select yes and provide OCI details but problem is I don't remember date of apply as the issue OCI booklet as only dat eof issue not date of apply :)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
sorry for asking in this thread and thanks for reply. :)

The reason I was asking the question for the son who has OCI issued in USA , Because while filling our applications now, It has a question if anyone in family has a OCI already (Yes/No ?). So my question was related to this - Shall I select yes and provide OCI details but problem is I don't remember date of apply as the issue OCI booklet as only dat eof issue not date of apply :)
Ok, did you search on the https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury by putting your son's name and the OCI Application#(usually on the last/bio page of OCI card) that should get you some info at least like Date of Acknowledgment who he daal do..

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, did you search on the https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury by putting your son's name and the OCI Application#(usually on the last/bio page of OCI card) that should get you some info at least like Date of Acknowledgment who he daal do..
ok sir, thanks.

1 last question lol...while uploading photo whatever way I upload, it's coming rototated in 1 of side rather than coming straigfht. is this the way phtoto is getting uploaded to form. Please confirm ? Thanks :)

Raj_zoro

Dec 9, 2022
Since Week my application status in Passport Seva : Surrender Certificate Has Been printed
BLS Status still shows: Processing at consulate
Can someone help how to contact BLS ( I am Trying to contact BLS Through this number:4163072237 but no response)

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
My status shows that the certificate has been printed. What's the next step? Does anyone know when it'll be delivered to me?

Dec2014NY

Dec 2, 2014
My status shows that the certificate has been printed. What's the next step? Does anyone know when it'll be delivered to me?
Keep checking BLS site for status updates - Next status should be "In-transit from consulate to BLS etc.," and later status will be related to purolator pick-up and reference/tracking id etc.,....For me it took around 4 days to deliver after being printed - for some it is bit early and for some it's a week or so...unfortunately no standard process/timeline here...:)..