+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not mandatory by CGI Toronto website and available official guidelines for photo.

However, when I went to submit my OCI application earlier in January this year, the gentle lady at the BLS counter insisted to get dated photo (some new propaganda for photos). My Family was using exact same photos (600x600 px, 51x51mm) used for their surrender certificate 4 weeks back and there same photo was on Canadian passport too but they wanted to make money with their shitty behaviour. After bit of arguments, I had to sign an undertaking for my own liability for rejection of application.

Eventually, I got OCI with my photo which I clicked at home with iPhone (changed from surrender certificate) and printed at Walmart after using some of my photoshop skills.

There's no harm of getting dated/stamped photo, if you are getting a new set of photo. Otherwise, it is not mandatory but be ready for photo harassment by BLS.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/docs/1626187593Photograph Guidance for Applicants.pdf
Thanks for the reply

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not mandatory by CGI Toronto website and available official guidelines for photo.

However, when I went to submit my OCI application earlier in January this year, the gentle lady at the BLS counter insisted to get dated photo (some new propaganda for photos). My Family was using exact same photos (600x600 px, 51x51mm) used for their surrender certificate 4 weeks back and there same photo was on Canadian passport too but they wanted to make money with their shitty behaviour. After bit of arguments, I had to sign an undertaking for my own liability for rejection of application.

Eventually, I got OCI with my photo which I clicked at home with iPhone (changed from surrender certificate) and printed at Walmart after using some of my photoshop skills.

There's no harm of getting dated/stamped photo, if you are getting a new set of photo. Otherwise, it is not mandatory but be ready for photo harassment by BLS.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/docs/1626187593Photograph Guidance for Applicants.pdf
Ok, Thanks for the info. it's really looks like no clarity at all on anything. it's kind of whatever theyt want to decide they do. Should follow some standard written thing.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
@abbas.pasha Does kids also need to self attest each photocopy page ( passport photocopies and parenst DL attached to kids applictaion) ?
i've not taken chances. my son has attested the copies, and i and my spouse too have signed off!!!!!!! who knows what these bls b$%$$# may ask for! even for address proof, i have attached both parents' DLs with the address!

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i've not taken chances. my son has attested the copies, and i and my spouse too have signed off!!!!!!! who knows what these bls b$%$$# may ask for! even for address proof, i have attached both parents' DLs with the address!
Thanks for the info.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the info.
@abbas.pasha please help confiring, on child surrender applictaion form there are 2 places for signatures. On one of place it's written if applicant is minor parents needs to sign - so kind of confusing. Is at both places parents needs to sign or only at page #2 parents have to sign ?( where it's wrriten in case if minor parents neeeds to sign)

so page#1 child sign ?
page#2 one of parents sign ?

please confirm - thanks

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@2017CanadaHo! - please help confiring, on child surrender applictaion form there are 2 places for signatures. On one of place it's written if applicant is minor parents needs to sign - so kind of confusing. Is at both places parents needs to sign or only at page #2 parents have to sign ?( where it's wrriten in case if minor parents neeeds to sign)

so page#1 child sign ?

please confirm - thanks

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
@2017CanadaHo! - please help confiring, on child surrender applictaion form there are 2 places for signatures. On one of place it's written if applicant is minor parents needs to sign - so kind of confusing. Is at both places parents needs to sign or only at page #2 parents have to sign ?( where it's wrriten in case if minor parents neeeds to sign)

so page#1 child sign ?

please confirm - thanks
first page box under the photo and 2nd page box - child signs
2nd page, somewhere close to the box - both parents sign
this is the guidance i got from bls last time

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha please help confiring, on child surrender applictaion form there are 2 places for signatures. On one of place it's written if applicant is minor parents needs to sign - so kind of confusing. Is at both places parents needs to sign or only at page #2 parents have to sign ?( where it's wrriten in case if minor parents neeeds to sign)

so page#1 child sign ?

please confirm - thanks
Page 1 and 2 on both page either you can have your child sign (just ask them to write there names) or if they are too young then the thumb impression should be included.
The signatures in our daughter's application, were done by them at the BLS counter since we submitted the applications in person

Last edited:

arlaadaa

Aug 22, 2022
Hi, I surrendered my Indian PP on 24Feb and it is still review at Consulate. I am travelling to India this Saturday. IS there a way to ask BLS to send the courier to my neighbor address?

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021