+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All, have quick question.
Me and my spouse are submitting Indian surrender application tomorrow at Brampton location.
In form, where we need to fill details of parents name and spousal name as per indian passport, they have also box where we need to add Nationality of spouse. so will this be "Canadian" or "Indian"? I am little confused as details should go as per indian passport or updated info??
What's the confusion in this ?
  • Did she take the Oath
  • Did she receive the citizenship certificate
  • Did she applied for and received the Canadian passport?
If that is the above is true then in that case as soon she did that she becomes are Canadian citizen

Reactions: Yen@5

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
What's the confusion in this ?
  • Did she take the Oath
  • Did she receive the citizenship certificate
  • Did she applied for and received the Canadian passport?
If that is the above is true then in that case as soon she did that she becomes are Canadian citizen
Thats right. I was making it complicated. But thank you.

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Submitted surrender application today at Brampton BLS.

We booked appointment on portal so it was easy, no waiting.

09:00 AM: Appointment time
09:05 AM: Inside BLS office
09:40 AM: out of office

we opted photo service at BLS only to avoid conflict. However, they took both of the photos, we asked but they said, they need both photos for application where I saw, they only pasted one but took both photos.
Edit: We have also opted for "Pick up" even after their force to opt for courier, reasoning that documents are not properly delivered at our location. and they mentioned that none can collect your application on your behalf so it has to be YOU only.

Last edited:

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Final Update:

04-May-2024: Application submitted at BLS, Brampton Office (walk-in)
04-May-2024: BLS Status : Under Process & In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
06-May-2024: BLS Status : Processing at Consulate General
17-May-2024: BLS Status : In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
21-May-2024: BLS Status : Ready for Dispatch & Dispatched via Courier (with tracking Info)
22-May-2024: Surrender Certificate and cancelled passport Delivered

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017

we opted photo service at BLS only to avoid conflict. However, they took both of the photos, we asked but they said, they need both photos for application where I saw, they only pasted one but took both photos.
With regards to the photo, they'd done the same for me.
Seems to me it's a tactic so that we have to retake the photo for OCI application.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Edit: We have also opted for "Pick up" even after their force to opt for courier, reasoning that documents are not properly delivered at our location. and they mentioned that none can collect your application on your behalf so it has to be YOU only.
Check the envelope in which you get the SC, they might return the photo.

Reactions: Yen@5

lousyrasco

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Awesome! We applied on 14th of May, walk in at BLS Mississauga and it is still under review at Consulate.

Final Update:

04-May-2024: Application submitted at BLS, Brampton Office (walk-in)
04-May-2024: BLS Status : Under Process & In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
06-May-2024: BLS Status : Processing at Consulate General
17-May-2024: BLS Status : In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
21-May-2024: BLS Status : Ready for Dispatch & Dispatched via Courier (with tracking Info)
22-May-2024: Surrender Certificate and cancelled passport Delivered

nkshi

May 28, 2024
HI I am new to this group. I had submitted the surrender application with out canadian passports and my applications returned and i had to pay for courier services again. it is too expensive for the courier, i believe they supposed to contact the applicant of missing doc so we can provide them either by fax or an emeil. Its really frustating. there more room for improvement in the form of services that we are paying for.
hope someone could suggest me.
I never had to go through any issue when i applied for Canadian passports,

nkshi

May 28, 2024
A few submitted with out canadian passports and their application were processed. there are few rejected

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
HI I am new to this group. I had submitted the surrender application with out canadian passports and my applications returned and i had to pay for courier services again. it is too expensive for the courier, i believe they supposed to contact the applicant of missing doc so we can provide them either by fax or an emeil. Its really frustating. there more room for improvement in the form of services that we are paying for.
hope someone could suggest me.
I never had to go through any issue when i applied for Canadian passports,
If you had read the check list thoroughly before sending you SC application you would have noticed that Canadian passport is required (at least for the applications submitted within the Toronto and Ottawa jurisdictions)

nkshi

May 28, 2024
Did they reject because of not sending Canadian passport?
Yes. I said it was in transit you could put my application on pending then I could have submitted a copy by email. Then there was no extra charges if they think they would like to help the customer, because it $124 for the Purolator to submit again.

nkshi

May 28, 2024
If you had read the check list thoroughly before sending you SC application you would have noticed that Canadian passport is required (at least for the applications submitted within the Toronto and Ottawa jurisdictions)
Hi
On this same thred if you Can check there were a few applications submitted without a Canadian passport and they said they were processed.
When I called the customer care they also mention that if you can mention that were getting in process.

nkshi

May 28, 2024
I believe it's not fair on their paryt to simply rejecting than contacting the applicant
We are clearly mentioning the email address and ph. no to contact us. When Candian passports in process I could not have a copy of the same.
Ex: For my son's Canadian passport the officer called me advised me to send further doc to prove his date of birth. It was a kind and warm approach from the officer and she let me to fax the doc to her office. I felt it was a great experience and it was stress free. Can we expect the services from others??
I don't want compare but still there a lot of room for improvement in terms of customer services when it comes to BLS offices. It's really frustrating with loosing money, time and efforts.