+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Andavarayan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Update today:
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: 2023-Oct-23
Indian passport surrender application
Brampton BLS Postal Application
Purolator Pickup: 2023-OCT-05 Afternoon
Delivered on: 2023-OCT-06
Application received at BLS : 2023-OCT-11
Application processing at BLS : 2023-OCT-16
Application received by consulate : 2023-OCT-17
Surrender Certificate is under review at CGI : 2023-OCT-18
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: 2023-Oct-23
Surrender certificate has been printed. : 2023-Oct-25

Thanks,
Andavarayan M

Canada_Joy

Jan 25, 2018
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of sending my surrender application via post, I wanted to check if I need to send an additional picture along with the one pasted in the application form?
I called the CS earlier and they might have mentioned two pics, and I am not able to recollect. :rolleyes:

Any help in this matter will be much appreciated.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of sending my surrender application via post, I wanted to check if I need to send an additional picture along with the one pasted in the application form?
I called the CS earlier and they might have mentioned two pics, and I am not able to recollect. :rolleyes:

Any help in this matter will be much appreciated.
Only one is needed for surrender.

Reactions: Canada_Joy

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
I am submitting the Passport Surrender Application for 2 Adults (myself and spouse) and 1 Kid.

I wanted to know if I can submit ALL the three applications just by myself (on their behalf) at BLS? or Is it mandatory for all the 3 applicants to be present at the BLS Center?

Same question for OCI too.

Mnd1601

Oct 17, 2023
What date in Aug? Its 7-8 weeks of processing for Ottawa.
What status do you see on passport and BLS site
I Applied on 29 August postal application. On the portal it Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. On the bls portal, it Shows Processing at the high commission.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I Applied on 29 August postal application. On the portal it Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. On the bls portal, it Shows Processing at the high commission.
What's the date showing on BLS Site? You should have it mostly by next week as postal application take a bit more time to be acknowledged and processed.