+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender - queries, help will be appreciated.

ARB_1

Jun 26, 2023
Hi folks - thanks in advance for your help.

I'm about to surrender my Indian passport, my jurisdiction is Toronto, and I want to send the application through post. The forms are filled, photocopies self-attested, etc.

Now:
1. Do I have to do a demand draft or can I get a link for online payment?
2. Not sure how much to put on the DD - does the amount include courier fees, or is that extra?
3. Finally - can I courier the docs to Brampton centre using any courier/mail?
4. How will the cancelled passport and the cancellation certificate be sent back to me?

I tried ringing up both the Toronto and the Brampton BLS centres but couldn't reach a human being.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi folks - thanks in advance for your help.

I'm about to surrender my Indian passport, my jurisdiction is Toronto, and I want to send the application through post. The forms are filled, photocopies self-attested, etc.

Now:
1. Do I have to do a demand draft or can I get a link for online payment?
2. Not sure how much to put on the DD - does the amount include courier fees, or is that extra?
3. Finally - can I courier the docs to Brampton centre using any courier/mail?
4. How will the cancelled passport and the cancellation certificate be sent back to me?

I tried ringing up both the Toronto and the Brampton BLS centres but couldn't reach a human being.
1. You need a DD - please check the application form and checklist for instructions - you will need 2 DDs - one for consulate and the other for BLS. Payment link would only be for the courier pickup and drop.
2. See point 1 - DD is only processing fees - courier is extra
3. Use only Purolator - they will not accept other courier.
4. Via Purolator - you can pay for to and fro service.

ARB_1

Jun 26, 2023
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't clarify some of the issues.

The application doc states:

Application Fees

Surrender FeeConsular FeeBLS Service FeeTotal Fee
SERVICEFEES IN CAD$
Indian citizens acquiring any foreign citizenship before 31 May, 20103137.441.40
Indian citizens acquiring any foreign citizenship after 1 June, 201011937.4129.40

Postal Applications:
  1. Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
  2. Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
  3. Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
So, two DDs are in fact NOT mentioned. Only one DD is mentioned.

If anyone else who has done this recently can tell me more about the fees, I'd be obliged.

Can someone also share the purolator link?

ARB_1

Jun 26, 2023
ok, this got solved, putting the solution in here if someone else needs it -

1. Only 1 DD is needed for $129.40; to be credited to BLS international services canada inc.
2. Purolator pick up/drop off is arranged by the BLS helpline; ring them up and choose random options until a human being answers the phone.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
ok, this got solved, putting the solution in here if someone else needs it -

1. Only 1 DD is needed for $129.40; to be credited to BLS international services canada inc.
2. Purolator pick up/drop off is arranged by the BLS helpline; ring them up and choose random options until a human being answers the phone.
Thanks - very helpful. It’s good they made it 1 DD - earlier at least for OCI it used to be 2. Sorry did not have the document handy while replying.

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
Do we have to use their postal service for sending the documents and having the certificate and pp sent back to us?