+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

abhijeets13

Jul 10, 2015
Hi,

Thank you so much for the information. So, I am getting my passport renewed and I am not sure about the following few things:

1) BLS Website and even checklist says PR Card and landing paper: I came here on Visitor Visa and then got my PR Approved -So, am I suppose to attach the landing stamp page of passport, the IRCC letter confirming PR and the PR Card too? Also, do I need to provide photocopies of these or original documents?

2) How are we calculating the fees; I understand 103.40 is the passport renewal fees how is the total coming to 289.40 - BLS website is a bit confusing.

3) Are they accepting walk-ins without appointment these days or would you recommend postal method over it?

TIA

Hi,
Recommend calling BLS customer care, they will guide you better. Also, on the Indian consulate Toronto website, it does say for emergency visa, you will need to book an appointment, since in your case, its passport - Tatkal renewal will be the best option. Below are my timelines:

Nov 29th 1:38 PM: Picked up old passport package from preferred location.
Dec 1st: Received at BLS International
Dec 2nd: Showed up on BLS International Portal
Dec 6th: BLS Showed processing application complete, while Passport seva website showed - Application received along with fees
Dec 8th: Passport printed
Dec 9th: Got email for police verification, while BLS site showed Ready for dispatch and Picked up by courier (all in one day). Tracking number was also available on BLS site.
Dec 10th 11:04 AM: Got passport delivered at preferred location - signed delivery.

You can request for pickup & Delivery service by calling BLS International service canada, it will cost you $111 and depends on number of applications being submitted.

Overall timeline is only 1 week and you don't have to leave your home.

Ensure that you follow the BLS checklist - *NOTE*: Checklist says that they will not accept Tatkal application over postal, but they are accepting due to COVID.
Ensure the photos are correct 2" x 2" - Take your Photos at Staples, they will stamp it also.
Ensure you complete Online Passport application at the Passport Seva portal for renewal, Annexure E, Personal Details form and affix Photo where ever required.
Need a Draft of $289.40 - One draft is enough (not two as stated in BLS checklist).
You will also need to provide Canadian address if you are on PR - I am not sure of work permit. BLS customer care can clarify this for you.

Hope this helps. All the best.

S_R_J

Nov 26, 2021
Hi,

Thank you so much for the information. So, I am getting my passport renewed and I am not sure about the following few things:

1) BLS Website and even checklist says PR Card and landing paper: I came here on Visitor Visa and then got my PR Approved -So, am I suppose to attach the landing stamp page of passport, the IRCC letter confirming PR and the PR Card too? Also, do I need to provide photocopies of these or original documents?

2) How are we calculating the fees; I understand 103.40 is the passport renewal fees how is the total coming to 289.40 - BLS website is a bit confusing.

3) Are they accepting walk-ins without appointment these days or would you recommend postal method over it?

TIA
1, Provide photocopies ONLY - passport (all pages), PR card, and COPR/Landing paper - Better to self attest if you decide to send it via postal so that no one else can use these copies for any other purpose.
2, The $289.40 is for Tatkal passport renewal only.
3, No idea - I chose postal and it was good. Moreover, mine was Tatkal passport renewal, took only 1 week.

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
1, Provide photocopies ONLY - passport (all pages), PR card, and COPR/Landing paper - Better to self attest if you decide to send it via postal so that no one else can use these copies for any other purpose.
2, The $289.40 is for Tatkal passport renewal only.
3, No idea - I chose postal and it was good. Moreover, mine was Tatkal passport renewal, took only 1 week.
Hi,
Appreciate your detailed answers.
1) By the way, for Passport renewal, we have to send the original passport also along with the application, right?
2) Nowhere in the checklist they mentioned the Personal Particulars form. So, why is it required? I think this form is required only in case you want to Print Indian address on the Passport. Please advise.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
Hi All,

I am applying for passport renewal from Toronto as PR

My passport has my Place of Birth as
PUNE MS
When I add the same in the renewal form, in preview it shows up as
PUNE MS, MAHARASHTRA

I assume when I had initially created the passport, MAHARASHTRA was shortened to MS
Should I mention the place of birth as "PUNE MS" or only "PUNE"?

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hi,

Are Tatkaal applications being accepted through Postal (Purolator) In Toronto's Jurisdiction, I am getting conflicting information on BLS website.

sidhucanada

Star Member
May 15, 2013
PASSPORT ENVELOPE PICKED UP BY COURIER 8 NOV
TORONTO CGI PROCESSING NOV 17
POLICE VARIFICATION DONE NOV 30
PASSPORT PRINTED DEC 13
PASSPORT RECEIVED DEC 17
ITS NORMAL CATEGORY

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hi,

Are Tatkaal applications being accepted through Postal (Purolator) In Toronto's Jurisdiction, I am getting conflicting information on BLS website.
For the benefit of Others on the forum having similar query, here is what I got after calling BLS:

- Yes, Tatkaal applications are being accepted through Postal services
- 258.4 CAD [DD] + 81 (Online Payment for Postal)

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Hello,
I recently filled the application online. I've provided my local Canadian address to be printed on the passport and for the other Indian address, I've given my in-laws' address which is in a different city compared to the address in my current passport. I'm looking at the Personal particulars form (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/annexures/personal-particulars-form.pdf) and it asks for 2 references. My in-laws have moved to a different city recently and I've never been to this address. How can I provide 2 references? even if I do, how can they vouch for me?

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hello,
I recently filled the application online. I've provided my local Canadian address to be printed on the passport and for the other Indian address, I've given my in-laws' address which is in a different city compared to the address in my current passport. I'm looking at the Personal particulars form (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/annexures/personal-particulars-form.pdf) and it asks for 2 references. My in-laws have moved to a different city recently and I've never been to this address. How can I provide 2 references? even if I do, how can they vouch for me?
Personal particulars form is not required, If you will call the BLS customer care and check they will not ask you to include it in documents to be sent. I did the same and only sent the docs they asked me to.

Rkjain1286

Jul 31, 2019
NEED URGENT HELP.

Application for my 5 yr daughter's passport renewal postal application is sent back with following note:

dear applicant, you’re incomplete / incorrect application is being sent back due to the following reason/s: • provide demand draft of correct amount as per the type of application. refer bls website for fee amount. we are sending back the original documents: • draft • passport

I have following questions:

1. Will they send the application back via post to my residence address automatically or do I need to first pay for courier fees ?
2. What is the correct fees for passport renewal for postal application? I initially sent them Postal Money Order for Canada Post of 196.40 and paid the drop off fees separately via Credit Card. Please let me know what is the exact fee for normal passport renewal (36 pages)?
3. How to encash the previous Postal Money Order.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Rkjain1286

Jul 31, 2019
Same situation as you - that is they have returned my docs. Haven't received them yet but wondering how to resend! Did you find out?
I also want to put Indian address on passport but called BLS twice and both times they said it is mandatory to put Canadian address on passport if PR holder. Extremely annoying.
Same situation as you. They said that are returning back but I haven't paid any returning courier fee. Please advice whether they will send back without any fees or do I need to pay the courier fee again somewhere.

seth007

Apr 23, 2018
Sharing my timeline for reference:

12/8/2021 - Passport Renewal Submitted at BLS Toronto. Walkin - stood in line at 7.30 and got in at 8AM.
12/9/2021 - Passport Application In Transit to Consulate
12/10/2021 - Passport Application Received by Consulate
12/15/2021 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. File Number created
12/16/2021 - Print has been initiated for passport.
12/17/2021 - Passport has been printed
12/20/2021 - In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (status from https://www.blsindia-canada.com/)
12/21/2021 - Ready for Dispatch
12/21/2021 - BLS called to confirm adress
12/21/2021 - Dispatched via Courier (Purolater) but on website it mentioned FEDEX
12/21/2021 - Received the passport

Hope this helps!
It makes things easier to go in person as I missed some forms and they made me fill them.
Change of Appearance and Added spouse name to passport.

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Same situation as you. They said that are returning back but I haven't paid any returning courier fee. Please advice whether they will send back without any fees or do I need to pay the courier fee again somewhere.
You don't have to pay any courier fee, the fee you paid already will be utilized for this. However, you'll have to again get a link to pay 81CAD to Purolator for pickup of corrected form and getting your passport back.

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
Sharing my timeline for reference:

12/8/2021 - Passport Renewal Submitted at BLS Toronto. Walkin - stood in line at 7.30 and got in at 8AM.
12/9/2021 - Passport Application In Transit to Consulate
12/10/2021 - Passport Application Received by Consulate
12/15/2021 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. File Number created
12/16/2021 - Print has been initiated for passport.
12/17/2021 - Passport has been printed
12/20/2021 - In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (status from https://www.blsindia-canada.com/)
12/21/2021 - Ready for Dispatch
12/21/2021 - BLS called to confirm adress
12/21/2021 - Dispatched via Courier (Purolater) but on website it mentioned FEDEX
12/21/2021 - Received the passport

Hope this helps!
It makes things easier to go in person as I missed some forms and they made me fill them.
Change of Appearance and Added spouse name to passport.
Did you provide photocopy of all pages of the old passport?