+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Thiru66

Jul 29, 2021
Hi all,

It is taking too long for my daughter's (minor) passport renewal, applied postal application, Brampton, 3 Sep 2021, since then no change in status - "Processing at Consulate General" at BLS WEBSITE for 5 weeks.

Later received an email reg police verification initiation for Indian address on 8 Oct 2021 , even though I have mentioned Canadian address (PR) to be printed.

But today in Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates website it shows as "Passport application has been granted"

Is there anybody in my timeline and status? what does that mean - "is police verification completed"?

Because I have not taken any step reg police verification other than just informing to my MIL saying there might be some police verification visit.

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
Hi folks,

I'm planning to submit my passport for renewal through postal service (Purolator) to the Brampton BLS. I'm wondering I need to include original documents (Work permit, address proof) as indicated here in the checklist (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-Passport-Re-Issue-Checklist-Rev-SEP-13-2021.pdf)

The other question I had is with regard to the demand drafts. The checklist mentions enclosing two demand drafts:
- One for HCI/CGI Passport Fee + ICWF Consular Surcharge Fee = $96 (per the current fee https://www.blsindia-canada.com/new_ppt.php)
- One for the BLS fee ($7.40) + return courier charges (?)
Is this correct, and what should be the return courier charges? I already paid for the puraltor pickup and drop off service, so I'm not sure I understand what to include here.

Thiru66

Jul 29, 2021
For those who are wondering why the status is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" for too long. Sometimes there might be some updates on the application but the status on passport.gov.in website doesn't reflect it.

To know the exact status of the application there is a workaround. Please follow the steps below

These steps might be difficult to follow for some but it might help some web developers/software engineers out there who might find it a little easier to follow than others.

1. Go to https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
2. Right click on the page and click on inspect from the menu
3. There will be browser related developer tools which will open adjust the height of developer tools so that you will be able to click on Track status dialog
4. Click on the Track status dialog and fill out the information regarding your application and click Track application status button
5. Now in the browser developer tools you can see network tab which is basically 4th option in chrome click on it
6. Now you can see a service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew click on it and this service returns a response which contains all the status updates on your application
7. If you scroll through the service response you will be able to see statusMap -> StatusId object when you click on it it will again return a list of all updates on your application and who performed that action and on what date it is updated.

I applied in BLS Ottawa and my status updates gave all the information. I even knew my passport number and the tracking number of the courier for the passport that has been printed in Delhi and dispatched to Ottawa. Using that tracking number I was able to find out that they have dispatched it through DHL Express and was able to track when it is delivered to HCI Ottawa.

I used aftership to know the name of courier through which my passport is dispatched from new delhi and to follow the status updates of delivery https://www.aftership.com/track

Once it is delivered I called the HCI Ottawa and requested them if I can pick up my passport in person as I had my flight in two days after it was delivered to HCI. Luckily I got my passport just in time before my travel date. I know it is stupid to book the tickets in advance but I didn't realize that the passport renewal process is so slow especially in BLS Ottawa.

Normally HCI dispatches the passport to BLS Ottawa after a week once they receive it and BLS Ottawa takes 1 or 2 days to dispatch it to applicant via Purolator.

My status updates on backend:

EVENT_DESCEMP_ACTIONSTATUS_DESC
1Passport Number XXXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing Mission/PostPassport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO
2QC Accepted and Dispatch Initiated: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalDispatch InitiatedDispatch Initiated
3Printed: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalPrintedPrinted
4nullPrint InitiatedPrint Initiated
5PVR for XXXXXXXXX-PPF-CA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceApproved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceSubmitted
6PV InitiatedPV Initiated
7Granting Status Set as 'Clear'ClearApplication Granted on pre police verification basis
8Sent To GoGranting Initiated
9nullApplication Form UpdatedSubmitted
10Grant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to CSE
11Sent To GoGranting Initiated
12nullApplication Form SubmittedSubmitted

Hi,

In your case, have you done Police verification process?

Thanks

ShivaniRN

Sep 13, 2021
So what did you do eventually? applied in normal and how long is it taking these days if you are applying in normal?? 6 weeks to get the passport in hand?
Yes, I applied through Normal category. Not sure about the duration, my application is still pending review at embassy. My application was submitted at BLS through postal application on 9/15.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
For passport renewal, they said provide an ID with canadian address. I have my drivers license with old address , i have applied for new driver license with updated address, service Ontario gave a paper temp license, will this be okay to BLS if i show this license+form to them?

New drivers license hasnt arrived yet.

ShivaniRN

Sep 13, 2021
For passport renewal, they said provide an ID with canadian address. I have my drivers license with old address , i have applied for new driver license with updated address, service Ontario gave a paper temp license, will this be okay to BLS if i show this license+form to them?

New drivers license hasnt arrived yet.
I believe they would accept rent agreement as well.

Reactions: keys8014

sheikh.khader

Oct 8, 2021
Hi all,

It is taking too long for my daughter's (minor) passport renewal, applied postal application, Brampton, 3 Sep 2021, since then no change in status - "Processing at Consulate General" at BLS WEBSITE for 5 weeks.

Later received an email reg police verification initiation for Indian address on 8 Oct 2021 , even though I have mentioned Canadian address (PR) to be printed.

But today in Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates website it shows as "Passport application has been granted"

Is there anybody in my timeline and status? what does that mean - "is police verification completed"?

Because I have not taken any step reg police verification other than just informing to my MIL saying there might be some police verification visit.
Hi, Even my children's application is somewhat in same status, actually, we applied as a family and for myself and my spouse, the application has been granted based on post police verification basis, the Passport seva website says, "Passport application has been granted" and a week before this status, police verification was initiated but no police call or verification yet. But for my children the status shows the application under review and police verification initiated on oct 6th and police called Oct 9th and verification completed on OCt 10th, but still the status is application under review.
So, you can check whether your daughters verification is pre or post, so based on that the police will call.

Reactions: Thiru66

Thiru66

Jul 29, 2021
Hi, Even my children's application is somewhat in same status, actually, we applied as a family and for myself and my spouse, the application has been granted based on post police verification basis, the Passport seva website says, "Passport application has been granted" and a week before this status, police verification was initiated but no police call or verification yet. But for my children the status shows the application under review and police verification initiated on oct 6th and police called Oct 9th and verification completed on OCt 10th, but still the status is application under review.
So, you can check whether your daughters verification is pre or post, so based on that the police will call.
Thank you

Thiru66

Jul 29, 2021
Thank you so much for the reply,, yes for my daughter too police showed up at my MIL place today to check, and it is done.

luv908

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Is there police verification in canada if adding "canadian address" on passport?
No that can't happen.
Indian Government has no jurisdiction outside an embassy or consulate on foreign land
(Might differ in certain countries, but they definitely cannot rely on Canadian Police to carry out Address Verifications).

Police verification, if needed, will only happen on the provided India address.

Reactions: keys8014