App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Although this is a thread for BLS Toronto, i am giving some rough updates on my file so far which i had applied within the jurisdiction of HCI Ottawa:
26 August - Submitted application at BLS Montreal.
26 August - Status changed to 'In transit to High Commission' on BLS website.
26 August - Status changed to 'Passport application and fees has been received at Embassy/Consulate' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
27 August - 'Processing at High Commission' on BLS website.
02 September - 'Passport Application under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
09 September - Old Passport's application status changed to 'Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office' on Passport Seva India website. (meaning old passport cancelled).
09 September - 'Passport print Initiated' on Passport Seva Embassy website.
10 September - 'Passport has been printed'.
10 September - 'Passport has been printed and would be delivered shortly'
13 September - 'Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch'.
Dispatched today

Guri1992

Aug 17, 2020
~2weeks to change status to "passport is printed"
~1week to deliver
I checked my application on passport Seva portal today, it says ‘passport has been printed’
But surprisingly bls website says
- dispatched via courier
-purolator

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hi All,

I will be going to Brampton BLS tomorrow to renew my passport. Do we need to self-attest the passport, PR Card, proof of residence copies? Or should we leave them blank?

Also, how do we track the application? From the passport seva website? Or BLS?

Last edited:

TrueIndian

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Hi All,

I will be going to Brampton BLS tomorrow to renew my passport. Do we need to self-attest the passport, PR Card, proof of residence copies? Or should we leave them blank?

Also, how do we track the application? From the passport seva website? Or BLS?
I have self attested all the copies but not sure if it is mandatory.

You can track the status in bls using the following link by entering the application reference number and passport number
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php

Once it is transferred to consulate general/high commission you can track using the below link
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

Sami daga

May 2, 2018
Hi guys,
Walked in- BLS Toronto 23 walkin
Status is showing passport print has Initiated.
how long will it to be delivered

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
do they do Police verification at the Indian address provided?
Depends on various factors; when & where your previous passport was issued, whether your previous passport’s police report is available online on the govt. database, etc. Depending on these you can get passport before or after your police verification is done (which is decided by the consular officer) . You can check the previous posts in this thread.

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Submitted walk-in yesterday at BLS Toronto.
Current status on BLS site:
Application StatusUnder Process
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General

On PassportSeva site:
Application StatusPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

Are the two updates not synced? What would be the next step and how long might that take? Anything to calm the nerves. Thanks

Abkabra

Jan 16, 2018
My application's status has not changed from last 14 days and no email for police verification too. Do I need to contact anyone? Current status is -
"
"

Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate

Abkabra

Jan 16, 2018
My application's status has not changed from last 14 days and no email for police verification too. Do I need to contact anyone? Current status is -
"
"

Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate
Submitted walk-in yesterday at BLS Toronto.
Current status on BLS site:

Application StatusUnder Process
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General

On PassportSeva site:
Application StatusPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

Are the two updates not synced? What would be the next step and how long might that take? Anything to calm the nerves. Thanks
No they are not. Keep on checking Passport Seva site, You can expect latest update there.

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
No they are not. Keep on checking Passport Seva site, You can expect latest update there.
@Abkabra its syncd now, currently at Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. . When did yours move to Passport under review at consulate?

ShivaniRN

Sep 13, 2021
How to identify the police station for your Indian address. As per the new rule, I have entered the Canada address as the printable address in the application and other address as Indian address and there was no option to select the Indian police station. So how do we know which police station are they going to send our request to?

ShivaniRN

Sep 13, 2021
I submitted my application in person on 13th Aug. and the status still reads under review.. I didn’t get any email about police verification..
Any idea on how to identify the police station so that we can send someone there to check on our police verification request?