+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi, anyone please help me. I am a PR and the pr card expired in May2021. It is under renewal now. Can I apply for the renewal of Indian passport without any trouble? Do I have to submit the AoR as well? thanks a lot.
In the checklist, I see this for expired PR Card:

 If PR Card has expired, please submit the below documents:
- Letter from CIC stating that your application for Permanent Residency in Canada is approved
- Expired PR Card
- Landing Paper/COPR (mandatory to be submitted for PR cards issued without the immigration category on the
back)
- PR Card renewal receipt

kap01

Apr 16, 2020
Guys, I am renewing my 2 kids passport this month with BLS center. I have a question.

can one Purolator label sufficient for pickup of 2 applications? Can you please provide your views on this.

Thanks,
PKP

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
How long before can I renew my passport. My passport is expiring in Jan 2023. I have lots of travel planned in 2022. I was thinking just to get it renewed right now. I don't want to be stuck with tickets and no passport in 2022.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hi,
how much is the Demand draft for HCI/CGI fee and another DD for BLS processing fee?

For Mail In / Postal Applications(WE DO NOT ACCEPT TATKAAL PASSPORT APPLICATION BY POSTAL)
- Enclose a certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include:
o HCI/CGI Passport Fee.
o ICWF Consular Surcharge Fee.
- Enclose a separate certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include:
o BLS Processing Fee.
o Add: Return Courier charges.

tusharpurohit03

Jun 17, 2018
Hello ,

I applied for my daughter PP renewal at BLS Toronto on 18th Aug'2021. Any one with similar timelines.

On https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/, tracking status shown as : 'Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.'

Thanks.
I applied on 13th August 2021, and it still shows "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." I was told it will take 4-5 weeks to process.

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
I applied on 13th August 2021, and it still shows "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." I was told it will take 4-5 weeks to process.
Perfect, so we are in same boat, lets help each other with the updates.

I also heard from some one that, there could be little more delay, because all hands are focusing on afghan crisis as of now. Not sure how true though.

Last edited:

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi,
how much is the Demand draft for HCI/CGI fee and another DD for BLS processing fee?

For Mail In / Postal Applications(WE DO NOT ACCEPT TATKAAL PASSPORT APPLICATION BY POSTAL)
- Enclose a certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include:
o HCI/CGI Passport Fee.
o ICWF Consular Surcharge Fee.
- Enclose a separate certified cheque/Bank draft, in favor of ‘BLS International Service Canada Inc.’ to include:
o BLS Processing Fee.
o Add: Return Courier charges.
I recently submitted passport application for renewal, I called the BLS Canada Toronto helpline to generate a shipping label and enquired if we need send separate bank draft, they said to send single draft for CAD 103.40

There was hardly any wait time better to call them and confirm https://www.blsindia-canada.com/HelplineInstruction.php

Reactions: krishnat

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
I applied on 20th July for adding my spouse's name, through Purolator, BLS.
The current status is: Passport application has been granted. Can anyone tell me what does it mean?

Police verification was done on 25th august
I am very disappointed.
It is the 7th week now, I have called, mailed several times but no update. I would suggest anyone who wants to do a renewal or reissue, please do it prior 6 months to your travel plan because the service is quite slow.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I'm on the same boat. Any updates?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I applied on 20th July for adding my spouse's name, through Purolator, BLS.
The current status is: Passport application has been granted. Can anyone tell me what does it mean?

Police verification was done on 25th august
I am very disappointed.
It is the 7th week now, I have called, mailed several times but no update. I would suggest anyone who wants to do a renewal or reissue, please do it prior 6 months to your travel plan because the service is quite slow.
Did you get 'Passport application has been granted' status before or after police verification? It merely means that they have confirmed submission of your application, and all documents submitted are ok. You should next get a passport print initiated message.