+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Guys I have a question. Am applying for passport renewal in tatkal. In the passport fee calculator it says 289.4$ which includes passport fee and bls service fee. And in the check list they say to print 2 separate Demand draft, and am thinking to go with pick up and drop off option with purolator. So how many drafts shd I submit in my envelope?

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yup, just the label. If you want to write anything on the label thats your choice.. but BLS asks you to write on the envelope only when applying for tatkal passport renewal.
Could you please tell me what label we need to stick on envelope. Also am going for pick up and drop option from purolator so do I need to buy envelope or will they get it for us.

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Could you please tell me what label we need to stick on envelope. Also am going for pick up and drop option from purolator so do I need to buy envelope or will they get it for us.
They will bring their own envelopes. And it was a prior discussion of writing something on the envelope in addition to sticking the label.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
They will bring their own envelopes. And it was a prior discussion of writing something on the envelope in addition to sticking the label.
Perfect so they gonna get the envelope for me . Also I have question about the DD which they mentioned in the checklist. They said to include 2 separate DD . So I was checking the fees for tatkal renewal and it was 282.4$ something. Now should I get 2 DD or just 1.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Perfect so they gonna get the envelope for me . Also I have question about the DD which they mentioned in the checklist. They said to include 2 separate DD . So I was checking the fees for tatkal renewal and it was 282.4$ something. Now should I get 2 DD or just 1.
one DD is sufficient for entire amount. I too had to question and clarified with customer care before submitting.

Reactions: Wrath

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
It comes out to be 289.4$ for passport fee and processing fee. So I dont have to pay anything extra apart this right coz am already paying for pick up and drop off charges to purolator .
It is not included in this payment. to get Purolator label, you need to call BLS and make $70 payment over the phone, and they will send it right away to your email with a pick up slot.

Reactions: Wrath

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi all,

I am applying for a passport renewal due to change of name from marriage and also to add my spouse's name. I called BLS and they advised me that the Bank Draft is to be for $103.40. Several months ago when I called, they told me it was $110.40. Has the fee decreased? I asked BLS but all teh agent told me was that it is $103.40.

I know BLS has a history of providing incorrect information that leads to return of application and delays, so I wanted to ask if anyone has recently applied, what is the fee?

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Hi all,

I am applying for a passport renewal due to change of name from marriage and also to add my spouse's name. I called BLS and they advised me that the Bank Draft is to be for $103.40. Several months ago when I called, they told me it was $110.40. Has the fee decreased? I asked BLS but all teh agent told me was that it is $103.40.

I know BLS has a history of providing incorrect information that leads to return of application and delays, so I wanted to ask if anyone has recently applied, what is the fee?

https://blsindia-canada.com/pptfeecalc.php - use this for calculating fees and go by whatever amount comes here.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I am filling up the passport application form online and have a few questions. Please note, I am applying for passport renewal to update my name (due to marriage) and add my spouse's name. At the same time I will need to update my signature (since my name changed) and update address (since no one I know lives at the address in my previous passport anymore). My questions are as follows:

1. There is a field for visible distinguishing mark. Do I need to fill this or can I leave it blank. I think I put in something decades ago, but I don't remember and I am worried I will contradict what I mentioned before. Note - there is no asterisk against this field, so I have a feeling it is OK to leave blank. But these forms have proven counterintuitive before, hence my question.

2. There is a field for Adhaar card. I do not have one, so I need to leave it blank. There is no asterisk against this field, so I think it is OK. But right underneath this is a declaration giving my clearance to give passport authority access to my adhaar application. There are check boxes for yes or no whether I agree to give this clearance. This is not applicable to me as I do not have an adhaar card. Can I leave it unchecked?

3. For some reason my current passport only shows my parents first names. It doesn't show their last names, although I am very sure when I filled my application form several decades ago, I put in their last names. In any case, when I fill in the fields for parent's names now, can I put in their last names or do I need to give proof. The last name is the same as my maiden last name.

4. I am putting in my Canadian address as my "passport printable address" because it only makes sense (it's where I live). But the website is asking me if I am eligible to put in a foreign address. How do I check that I am? Note - I am providing a second Indian Address for the sake of police check.

5. I am changing my signature, so should I use my old or new signature to sign the form?

6. How many passport photos do I need to submit with my application? (I am applying at Toronto). I understand it is 2? Does that count include the two photos that are posted on the application form and the personal particulars form?

7. I have a passport that expired in 2016, that has a US Visa which is still valid in it. My current passport valid until 2026 has a note "visa remain valid" which references it. I carry both passports when I travel to the States. Do I need to submit original of both my current and old passport?

Appreciate it if anyone has answers to these questions.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I am filling up the personal particulars form as required for passport renewal and have a few questions. Please note, I am applying for passport renewal to update my name (due to marriage) and add my spouse's name. At the same time I will need to update my signature (since my name changed) and update address (since no one I know lives at the address in my previous passport anymore). My questions are as follows:

1. For line item 1 (full name), I assume this should be my new married name. Correct?

2. For line item 7a, 7b (Parent's names). For some reason my current passport only shows my parents first names. It doesn't show their last names, although I am very sure when I filled my application form several decades ago, I put in their last names. In any case, when I fill in the fields for parent's names do I put in the given names only and leave last name blank?

3. For line item 8(b) (Present Canadian Address), I haven't lived at my current Canadian Address for more than a year. So I understand I have to fill out line item 9. I only need to fill out my past address going back one year from present date, correct?

4. For line item 9 (previous addresses if you haven't lived in the current address for continuously for the past year", the form says " Please furnish an additional set of PP Forms for each address with Police station." What is PP form? Personal Particulars form? This doesn't make sense. What do I need to do?

5. For line item 10, "References: Name and Address of two responsible persons in the applicant’s locality who can vouch for the applicant (In India)." Who can these people be? What is the definition of the word "locality?" Can it be my mother and my uncle who live at the address I am providing as permanent address in India in line item 8 (a)?

6. For signature should I sign my new married name or maiden name?

Jesus! What a mess of a set of forms... My last renewal was done in Singapore and I didn't have to fill so many forms or any of this information...

Appreciate any advice from people with experience in application...

Last edited: