+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Ramneek1234

Apr 29, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my passport renewal an the time line is as follows
1) BLS Received on April 7th and did 2 days of document quarantine
2) Update on April 9th passport that will be sent documents to IHC in 4-5 business days
3) No update since then

I tried calling them and today a call Centre agent said his system says no records found. I don't know what's going on. Can anyone please help me on this please.

RavneetIndia

Aug 15, 2018
Hi All,

I went for postal application and sent it through purolator on Monday 26th April and it was delivered next day.
So when will i have an updated status?

ajituday

Feb 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my passport renewal an the time line is as follows
1) BLS Received on April 7th and did 2 days of document quarantine
2) Update on April 9th passport that will be sent documents to IHC in 4-5 business days
3) No update since then

I tried calling them and today a call Centre agent said his system says no records found. I don't know what's going on. Can anyone please help me on this please.
Hi Ramneek1234,

Even I am in similar situation, my document received at BLS on 7th April, and sent to consulate on 13th April, but there is no update since then.

Ramneek1234

Apr 29, 2021
Hi Ramneek1234,

Even I am in similar situation, my document received at BLS on 7th April, and sent to consulate on 13th April, but there is no update since then.
Hi Ajituday,
Thanks for the update. But mine has not even reached Consulate yet. Tracking shows application will be sent to consulate in 4-5 working days. This status hasn't changed since April 9th. Is there away I could find what exactly is going on? I have tried calling BLS but all efforts in vain. Also, escalated through a form available in their website but no reply for that too.

puranjay

Jan 16, 2018
The third link where we can track our application using the file number dosent work for me. It says the application was submitted outside India and asks me to track it on the passport seva link where we submitted the form. Is this the case for others as well?

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Hi Ramneek1234,

Hi Ajit.. i have a question.. Do we need to stick photo in personal profile form? Also, the stay in Canada is less than one year and prior to that the stay was in US.. so do I need to attach two personal particular forms? I am little confused because since the form explicitly says present Canadian address in Colum 8b, the form is going to look the same even if I send more than one personal profile form.

Also, check list mentions two photographs. So does it mean that we need to send two more photos with the application in addition to the photos that we stick in the consulate application form? thanks.

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi Ajituday,
Thanks for the update. But mine has not even reached Consulate yet. Tracking shows application will be sent to consulate in 4-5 working days. This status hasn't changed since April 9th. Is there away I could find what exactly is going on? I have tried calling BLS but all efforts in vain. Also, escalated through a form available in their website but no reply for that too.
Hello Ramneek,
I was able to talk to BLS people and they said since the new lockdown things are moving slower than usual. They need 14 working days to update the application. My application was delivered to them on 21st April and there is no update on it. Not even saying that they have received the application.

indri90

Oct 10, 2018
India
Category........
Other
I need to renew my passport which is expiring on May 28th of this year. I got two appointments - one for visa and one for passport service at BLS Toronto center. The security at the BLS center told me the visa appointment(for May 5th) would be sufficient for passport renewal so I booked that because it is available earlier than for passport services. But I was skeptical and went ahead to book an appointment for passport service as well (for May 12th).

Has anyone been able to get their passport renewal done under the visa appointment? I do not want to take risk by commuting and been told to come back again for the next appointment. Please help me.

Also, due to Covi-19 related restrictions, Walmart photo prints are closed. Where else can we print our passport photos? Do they have facility in the BLS center to print photos (even at an added cost)?

I'd appreciate if anyone could give advice/ suggestions. Thanks in advance.

CanamPR

Mar 6, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Just updating you guys with my file update. I'm PR of Canada and have submitted my file for renewing my EXPIRED passport.

Also, information that had to be changed on my passport:
Address
Marriage Status
Adding Wife's name

Following is my Passport Renewal Timeline:

- March 11th: Submitted postal application
- March 12th: Application and supporting documents along with old passport Delivered at BLS Brampton
- March 15th: BLS website Tracking Status Changed to “Application Under Process”
- March 16th: Processing at Consulate General (No updates till March 31st after this, I checked daily)
- March 31st: Dispatched via courier in BLS website tracking.
- April 01st: Received a new Passport(via Purolator)

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers :)
How about police verification in India?

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi all, I am need of urgent help.
I live in Ottawa and applied for TATKAL passport renewal sent to Brampton BLS office but they sent me back the application saying that I should redo the application with Toronto Jurisdiction with Toronto address.
Has anybody come across this issue? if yes, then what did you do?

Please...! Any help is much appreciated

ajituday

Feb 26, 2014
Hi Ajit.. i have a question.. Do we need to stick photo in personal profile form? Also, the stay in Canada is less than one year and prior to that the stay was in US.. so do I need to attach two personal particular forms? I am little confused because since the form explicitly says present Canadian address in Colum 8b, the form is going to look the same even if I send more than one personal profile form.

Also, check list mentions two photographs. So does it mean that we need to send two more photos with the application in addition to the photos that we stick in the consulate application form? thanks.
You need to stick photo in personal particular form, also for your stay question, please talk to BLS they will guide you further.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
You need to stick photo in personal particular form, also for your stay question, please talk to BLS they will guide you further.
thanks. so, there is no need to attach additional photos separately apart from the ones that we stick in application form and personal profile form?

also, is this is the correct number for Toronto - 1-416 307 2237 ? I got it from here - https://blsindia-canada.com/contactus.php .. it keeps saying 15 minutes wait time, but nobody attends it.. I had to wait for hours before hanging up .

ajituday

Feb 26, 2014
thanks. so, there is no need to attach additional photos separately apart from the ones that we stick in application form and personal profile form?

also, is this is the correct number for Toronto - 1-416 307 2237 ? I got it from here - https://blsindia-canada.com/contactus.php .. it keeps saying 15 minutes wait time, but nobody attends it.. I had to wait for hours before hanging up .
now a days it takes longer time to connect BLS, for me it took around 50 mins today to connect them.

Reactions: canprofus