+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
now a days it takes longer time to connect BLS, for me it took around 50 mins today to connect them.
thanks.. also when we send the documents through Purolator, to whom it should it be addressed? can we just say BLS Canada or something?

ajituday

Feb 26, 2014
thanks.. also when we send the documents through Purolator, to whom it should it be addressed? can we just say BLS Canada or something?
Call up BLS and inform them that you need Pick up and Drop facility, once payment is completed you need to print label (the label already has sender and receiver name printed on it,)

Hope this helps.

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi there,

I've applied for passport renewal through BLS Brampton. Here's my status

Normal passport: Added Spouse name and new address

13th April: Reached BLS Brampton
26th April: Under process - BLS website
27th April: transit to consulate - BLS website
28th April: Processing at Consulate - BLS website
29th April - 5th May: Received the pay, under process at Embassy- CGI Website

Any idea, how long would it take to initiate the police verification from CGI?

Also, my police station name or code is not present in the Application Form. But I'm pretty sure, I filled it since it's a mandatory question. Somehow it's not seen in the printout. How CGI would send it to correct police station? Did someone faced similar kind of issue?

Can someone share some insights, please.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hello Everyone, my passport is not expired yet. It will expire in November. I am applying to renew it now. Do I need to send the original passport to BLS or only a photocopy? I am not a PR yet. Thank you.

Nicholas0095

Apr 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

I lie in Ottawa Jurisdiction and applied for passport renewal through BLS Ottawa (normal application). Here's my timeline:

April 23rd: Applied for the passport renewal in person at the BLS center and the status on the BLS website was "Application Received".
April 26th: "Dispatched from BLS center to High Commission" status on BLS website.
April 27th: "Processing at high commission" status on BLS website and on the embassy website, the status was updated to "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at embassy/consulate".
May 3rd: File number starting with CAT was generated and the status on the embassy website was updated to "Print has been initiated for Passport"
May 4th: Status was updated to "Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly"
May 5th: Status was updated to "Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch."

Since May 5th, I haven't received any other update neither on the BLS website nor on the embassy website. My police verification hasn't done yet but looks like a new passport has been printed already. I was wondering if it's a usual scenario and whether anyone went through such kind of situation during his/her passport renewal process.

I am currently in the middle of the PR application process and waiting for my new passport to upload along with other documents in order to submit my application on the CIC website. Any suggestions/comments would be strongly appreciated.

Cheers!!

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

I lie in Ottawa Jurisdiction and applied for passport renewal through BLS Ottawa (normal application). Here's my timeline:

April 23rd: Applied for the passport renewal in person at the BLS center and the status on the BLS website was "Application Received".
April 26th: "Dispatched from BLS center to High Commission" status on BLS website.
April 27th: "Processing at high commission" status on BLS website and on the embassy website, the status was updated to "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at embassy/consulate".
May 3rd: File number starting with CAT was generated and the status on the embassy website was updated to "Print has been initiated for Passport"
May 4th: Status was updated to "Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly"
May 5th: Status was updated to "Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch."

Since May 5th, I haven't received any other update neither on the BLS website nor on the embassy website. My police verification hasn't done yet but looks like a new passport has been printed already. I was wondering if it's a usual scenario and whether anyone went through such kind of situation during his/her passport renewal process.

I am currently in the middle of the PR application process and waiting for my new passport to upload along with other documents in order to submit my application on the CIC website. Any suggestions/comments would be strongly appreciated.

Cheers!!
Hey, did you send the original passport or photocopy? Your original passport is already expired or is it still valid?

Nicholas0095

Apr 24, 2021
Hey, did you send the original passport or photocopy? Your original passport is already expired or is it still valid?
Hello,

I provided the original passport along with the photocopy as per their requirement. My passport is valid till December 2021 but I was thinking to attach my new passport along with the current one to be on the safe side from my end.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hello,

I provided the original passport along with the photocopy as per their requirement. My passport is valid till December 2021 but I was thinking to attach my new passport along with the current one to be on the safe side from my end.
So they kept the original passport OR returned it back to you after seeing it, because you did walk-in application? I am doing it through postal so I am not sure if I should send the original. Thanks for your help

Nicholas0095

Apr 24, 2021
So they kept the original passport OR returned it back to you after seeing it, because you did walk-in application? I am doing it through postal so I am not sure if I should send the original. Thanks for your help
For the passport renewal application, they need original passport whether its walk-in application or postal. They keep the original passport during the entire process and send back with the new one with cancelled stamp as far as I understand. They may ask for your original passport eventually before sending your documents to embassy if you have already sent postal application.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
For the passport renewal application, they need original passport whether its walk-in application or postal. They keep the original passport during the entire process and send back with the new one with cancelled stamp as far as I understand. They may ask for your original passport eventually before sending your documents to embassy if you have already sent postal application.
Thanks for a clear response. No, I haven't sent my application yet. Will submit it next week. Just one more question: I am not a PR in Canada yet, but can I still put my Canadian address as the main address and Indian address as other address in the application form?

Nicholas0095

Apr 24, 2021
Thanks for a clear response. No, I haven't sent my application yet. Will submit it next week. Just one more question: I am not a PR in Canada yet, but can I still put my Canadian address as the main address and Indian address as other address in the application form?
You're welcome. According to the checklist, people on study/work permit are supposed to mention Canadian address as secondary address and Indian address as primary. I am not a PR in Cananda as well so I followed the same just to avoid any processing delay. I am not entirely sure whether it's mandatory to do that way but just to be on the safe side, I put Indian address as a main address in the application form if that makes sense.

Reactions: anisha1992

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
@Nicholas0095 Sorry for bothering you again. I just have one more question: Do we need notary attestation of the document photocopies or self attestation is enough? Many thanks for your help.

RavneetIndia

Aug 15, 2018
Hi Everyone

Just to update you all. My passport will expire in June 21 and I submitted it for a normal renewal with no changes required.

26th April'21 sent it via Purolator
27th April'21 received at Brampton BLS

There was no update so I called BLS on 10th May'21 and the guy told we are still processing applications and there is a huge backlog and so wait for 2-3 working days more and now today when I checked again it got updated.

11th May'21 Under process.

Will keep everyone posted.