+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Do you need to book an appointment to submit the passport renewal application in person?

How many passport photos do you need for your application?

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Do you need to book an appointment to submit the passport renewal application in person?

How many passport photos do you need for your application?
If you have an appointment, you don't need to wait in line. Most people do walkins as appointments are impossible to get. When I went to submit my application, everyone there was a walkin as there were no appointments available

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
If you have an appointment, you don't need to wait in line. Most people do walkins as appointments are impossible to get. When I went to submit my application, everyone there was a walkin as there were no appointments available
Thanks.

aneeshkjm123

Jun 12, 2018
Any idea regarding at what stage status changes to "Passport has been handed over by the Embassy/Consulate to the OSP executive for further dispatch to the applicant." on passport.gov.in website.

I didn't check before, so don't know earlier status
I am also in the same status. Did you get any update ?

sachinwar

May 20, 2015
Applied for my passport renewal on Oct 2nd and it still says "processing at consolate general". It has been 3 full business weeks and I see no update. Need some assistance - what should be done here?

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Do you have to submit your old passport when you apply for renewal? When do you get it back?

KGo

Jul 23, 2018
is the processing time same with COVID delays ?? 1-2 months or are there more delays ?

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
What did it say before 9th September? I have not received a police verification notification but mine says the following. Thanks

"Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
Hi @Nash_jam, I submitted my passport renewal application at BLS Ottawa on 9th October. I received notification of initiation of police verification on 21st October and I had a police officer visiting home to complete verification on 2nd November.
My passport application status is stuck at "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" since then.

I was wondering how long was your status stuck at this stage and when did you eventually receive your passport. Please share your experience.

vijayniranjan04

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hi @Nash_jam, I submitted my passport renewal application at BLS Ottawa on 9th October. I received notification of initiation of police verification on 21st October and I had a police officer visiting home to complete verification on 2nd November.
My passport application status is stuck at "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" since then.

I was wondering how long was your status stuck at this stage and when did you eventually receive your passport. Please share your experience.
once police verification done , It will take 2 weeks to change the status --> passport is sent to print , its standard now

Reactions: sunil238