27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016

mickymots

Feb 23, 2016
Hi All,

I am renewing passport for my 7 year old child and wanted to know if I need to Submit 'Personal Particular form' as well?

I do not see this form requirement on Government website but only on bls-canada website. That too under the section where there is a change in particulars but still it's not super clear.

Please help if you have experience with this form in particular.

Thanks,
Amit

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Hi All,

I am renewing passport for my 7 year old child and wanted to know if I need to Submit 'Personal Particular form' as well?

I do not see this form requirement on Government website but only on bls-canada website. That too under the section where there is a change in particulars but still it's not super clear.

Please help if you have experience with this form in particular.

Thanks,
Amit
My wife and myself submitted our passport renewal applications in October. We had our Personal particulars form filled and ready, but they did not take it. They said it is not required anymore for passport renewal applications. They haven't yet updated the checklist on bls-canada website.

As long as they dont have separate rules for adult and underage applications, I believe you need not bother about that form.

Reactions: mickymots

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Has anyone tried sending an email to Indian High Commission for issues/delay in passport renewal? How long do they take to respond?
I sent them an email on 19th November towards the end of the day. I am wondering how long I need to wait before forwarding the email to the next higher level authority.

vijayniranjan04

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hey Guys, see police verification is happening almost everytime. What if nobody lives at that home address and has no relatives who live close by to verify the address?
I think the relationship is what it matters , even if the address was not where you was living earlier in india doesn't matter, as we give the address in the passport is in canada ,

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Oh, btw - finally we go the passport - so it took almost 7 weeks to get the passport back after submission. Hope this helps.
@AshJ19 My application status is still under review at the embassy as per status online.
I am into m 4th week now after police verification which was completed on 2nd Nov.

I had sent an email to cons.ottawa@mea.gov last week. I finally got a response today that the application has been approved but not yet printed. They said it could take another 2 to 3weeks.

Can you tell me the exact date on which your application status indicated that passport has been sent for printing and how many days it took after that for you to receive your passport?

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Applied for my passport renewal on Oct 2nd and it still says "processing at consolate general". It has been 3 full business weeks and I see no update. Need some assistance - what should be done here?
@sachinwar Hello Sachin. Did you receive your passport? Do you mind sharing your timeline?

Last edited:

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
@AshJ19 My application status is still under review at the embassy as per status online.
I am into m 4th week now after police verification which was completed on 2nd Nov.

I had sent an email to cons.ottawa@mea.gov last week. I finally got a response today that the application has been approved but not yet printed. They said it could take another 2 to 3weeks.

Can you tell me the exact date on which your application status indicated that passport has been sent for printing and how many days it took after that for you to receive your passport?
Hello @sunil238, please find the timeline

29-Oct - Print initiated
02-Nov - Passport printed
03-Nov - Passport has been handed over by the embassy to OSP for dispatch
20-Nov - Received passport

Reactions: sunil238

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Hello @sunil238, please find the timeline

29-Oct - Print initiated
02-Nov - Passport printed
03-Nov - Passport has been handed over by the embassy to OSP for dispatch
20-Nov - Received passport
Finally status changed to 'Print has been initiated for the passport'.
I am wondering if I will get the passport by 11th December. My tickets to India have already been booked for that day.
11 working days.. looks difficult to go from print initiation to passport delivered.

AshJ19

Sep 18, 2020
Finally status changed to 'Print has been initiated for the passport'.
I am wondering if I will get the passport by 11th December. My tickets to India have already been booked for that day.
11 working days.. looks difficult to go from print initiation to passport delivered.
Maybe you can call BLS and ask in someway they can expedite

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Maybe you can call BLS and ask in someway they can expedite
The status changed to Passport printed on the same day that I had earlier got passport print initiation status.
I had spoken to BLS earlier in the week and they clearly said that they have no control on anything until passports are delivered to them. High Comission too havent done anything to help.
It seems, my only option is to hope and pray.

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
My passport renewal application status changed from 'Passport has been printed' to 'Passport has been printed and will be delivered shortly' last night (30 November)
It then changed to 'Passport has been handed over to OSP executive for further dispatch to applicant' this morning (1 December).

Any idea how long it takes for passport to be delivered after this status?