Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Where did you get you CAT number? Ours was walkin application at BLS Toronto, they didn't give us any application Number.
You created your application online and submitted online then made a printed copy of your application. just access your application again using this link https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html after login here you found your application. When you click on Radio button in front of your name on the website in the next tab it will show your application no starts with CAT....

Hope it helps you

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
This is unbelievable. They have initiated a police verification for a 5 year old kid.

"
Passport application has been granted on . Police Verification (PV) has been initiated and a PV request has been sent to SP Office, District South East Delhi. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the passport is dispatched.

Reactions: KaushalN

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
This is unbelievable. They have initiated a police verification for a 5 year old kid.

"
Passport application has been granted on . Police Verification (PV) has been initiated and a PV request has been sent to SP Office, District South East Delhi. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the passport is dispatched.
rules are for everyone.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
rules are for everyone.
This was declared as per government of india passport rules few years back that there will be no police verification if address on passport is same and no change in particulars if it is renewed before expiry. So that was the rule they said. And minors are exempted.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/no-need-for-police-verification-for-reissue-of-passports-government-1204294

fyi,
No police verification is required for reissue of passports, the government said today. "For reissue of passports, police verification is not required, provided the first passport had been issued on the basis of clear police report," Minister of State for External Affairs VK Singh told Lok Sabha in a written reply.

The decision will have a significant impact on applicants facing delay due to mandatory police verification for re-issuance of his or her passport.

As per existing provisions, minors, government servants and senior citizens (65 years and above) are exempted from police verification subject to certain conditions, he said.

Humitnrxjz

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hi guys has anyone faced a problem with renewing the passport. I never received landing papers as i am inland applicant.But i went to Bls and they want landing papers from me. Any idea???

tejalaslesh

Aug 28, 2020
Hi guys,
I am international student in Canada. I applied for my Indian passport reissue. I got an email saying that police verification has been initiated. I gave them my Canadian number since no one from my family is currently in India. Does one have to physically go to the police station? Or do they actually just do the verification process themselves? I do not understand why passport renewal needs police verification when haven't changed the address or my name.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi guys,
I am international student in Canada. I applied for my Indian passport reissue. I got an email saying that police verification has been initiated. I gave them my Canadian number since no one from my family is currently in India. Does one have to physically go to the police station? Or do they actually just do the verification process themselves? I do not understand why passport renewal needs police verification when haven't changed the address or my name.

Yeah this is indeed ridiculous. They are sending all files for police verification with eyes closed. Whether pcc or renewal. This has started recently after covid. :(

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
What do you think should I do :( They have such contradicting information everywhere.
You will have to get that police verification cleared. Ask friends or family. Talk to the policeman.

Nash_jam

Mar 18, 2013
I had a first name last name separation issue so I applied for passport update, no other change in my details (address same, validity already remaining) I also added the Canada address, but kept my printable address for passport as India address.

Timeline for my postal application-
30 june - purolator pickup
2 july - passport delivered to BLS brampton
starting 2nd july I heard that BLS resumed walkin services
"No records found" was the status in BLS website for 3 weeks. I was able to call brampton office and got a status that they have received my applicaiton will process soon.
1st week of august - status updated in BLS website, shows application date of 31st July (almost one month lost due to quarantine at BLS side) and processing at consulate general
6th Aug - received email indicating Initiation of police verification request
20th Aug - police came at Kolkata India home and wanted all proofs (aadhar, PAN, address proof, property tax proofs for parent!!)
Hi, when was the last time you went for police clearance? Did you not require a PCC when coming to Canada?
I had done my police verification in 2011 and when I went for a PCC last February in india the passport office handed me a PCC on the spot while my wife and mother had to go through the entire police verification process.
Just put in my application today(fingers crossed) so want to know approximately how long it will take.
Thanks

Nash_jam

Mar 18, 2013
Anyways, some one wanted to know if BLS accepting walk in, then the answer if yes. Went today and the wait was around 2.5 hours.
Please check and double check your application, take all documents.(marriage certificate, divorce paper, parent pasport copy). They can just about ask for anything they feel like and then you have to stand in line again. Hope it helps

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hi ..
Plz can somebody tell if they did tatkal application for passport renewal recently? I need it on urgent basis..what is processing time for tatkal application right now ?
Plz reply
Thank you